Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan has deleted my bootcamp windows partition

I upgraded to El Capitan and now my Windows 10 partition has disappeared. After googling the problem, it seems to be related to having resized my windows partition - which I did when I upgraded to Windows 10, after upgrading to Yosemite but before upgrading to El Capitan... I attach the following screen-shot which seems to be the first of the questions that gets asked:

User uploaded file

I also tried to install gdisk 1.0.0 but I get a warning message when I do. I tried ignoring the message and installing anyway, but it seems to fail to install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't think I can face having to reinstall everything from scratch.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Windows 10 boot camp partition

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 2:12 PM

59 replies

Oct 12, 2015 3:13 PM in response to Biggles293

The MS Data line has three numbers, which are sector addresses on disk - Start, End and Size respectively. Start a new Terminal window, run the solution set of Gdisk steps in the linked thread. Substitute the values specific to your output in steps 7 and 8 respectively (step 8 value needs a '+' sign in front of the Size number).

El Capitan has deleted my bootcamp windows partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.