Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch not restoring!!! PLEASE HELP!

I recently updated iTunes and attempted to sync my iPod Touch (1st Gen.) however, I could not due to some error and I then proceeded to restore it. When I was in the process of restoring it, halfway through, I got an unknown error (1) message and that led me to click "More Information" where I proceeded to update Windows, iTunes, my computer's security and try all the USB ports multiple times. I even switched USB connection cords and computers and still no luck. I even uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and still continued to have no luck. If anyone can help, I will be forever grateful! Thanks in advance! 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2, 1st Generation

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 1:28 PM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2015 1:45 PM in response to medmaniac95

ERROR (1)

- Place the iPod in DFU mode and then restore

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- Try on another computer

- Try another cable

- Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.

- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5922457

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch not restoring!!! PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.