Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CardScan 800c driver for el capitan

the USB connected CardScan business card reader model 800c was broken by the installation of el Capitan. The provider says they are waiting on Apple to provide a solution and to "watch their website!" Is there a way to escalate a solution?

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11), CardScan 800c card reader

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 11:33 PM

18 replies

Jan 25, 2016 2:47 AM in response to PeteFr

Well, it's February 2016 and the request to have this fixed (Oct2015), with Apple and Dymo has gone unanswered. Dymo say they are waiting for Apple and Apple are AWOL. Please, can someone look into the driver problem that has resulted in El Capitan (now at 10.11.3 - 25/01/2016) not recognising the USB attached 800c scanner making the CardScan Executive Pro application and hardware 800c scanner desktop junk.

Mar 29, 2016 11:13 PM in response to robiom

upgrade to 10.11.4 did it for me and now DYMO CardScan working as advertised.

About the OS X El Capitan v10.11.4 Update - AppleSupports the link and probably;

• Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect
  • Improves the compatibility and reliability of Apple USB-C Multiport Adapters

is the fix - do we need to close the discussion?

p.s. it also works when connected to a BELKIN USB multi-port adapter, so I think it is safe to say the fix has happened.

Apr 6, 2016 9:04 AM in response to PeteFr

After several weeks of trying to get the issue resolved I have just received this from Dymo:

I am sorry to inform you that your CardScan model is not going to be compatible with Macintosh OS X® 10.11 El Capitan.

PLEASE NOTE: CardScan scanners are only compatible with OS X® 10.8 through 10.10. On other versions of OS X®, CardScan scanners and software may be used in a virtual environment with compatible versions of Windows®.

This only applies to CardScan Executive. CardScan Team and CardScan Personal are not and have never been Mac compatible.

If you have recently purchased the unit, please consult the return policy from the place where you purchased the product. If you are outside of their printed policy, please provide proof of purchase and return the unit to the following address for a refund of the purchase price (excluding shipping & applicable taxes):

DYMO CardScan Return Service Center
c\o Newell Rubbermaid
1660 Railroad Ave
Shelbyville, TN 37160

Not what I wanted to hear, especially as others have reported 10.11.4 has resolved the issue. Returning the scanner for refund is not an option for me, so I guess its bound for the bin - great!

Apr 6, 2016 11:02 PM in response to robiom

> not going to be compatible with Macintosh OS X® 10.11 El Capitan.

And they would be correct, but what we have found is that it starts working again with 10.11.4 but also be aware, that there have been a number of smaller upgrades to do with scanner, camera and USB devices. So, I assume if you have upgraded to 10.11.4 and still have the problem, then there might be other less obvious upgrades that you might have decided to pass on, as they don't apply to you. I'm not sure if these offerings from Apple are cumulative i.e. if you miss one another added that to the stack. So, I'd suggest that you look into the upgrade status of your Apple software stack and see if that fixes the problem.

I would also, delete the CardScan software and install it again, then follow the registration of the scanner with a blank card and finally, reapply your backed-up database of cards. Get some deeper MAC OS skills to help with making sure that there are no vestiges of the CardScan software on the system before reinstalling would also be a good idea.

p.s. I don't use my CardScan every day, so have just tested it out again and found it to be working, that is after a number of system restarts and normal system work so the fix looks permanent.

Apr 7, 2016 2:03 AM in response to PeteFr

Thanks for the reply and advice. I don't think that Ive missed any updates but have checked in my App Store history - this tells me that I haven't installed 10.11 (although I have installed 10.11.4). If I select the option to install 10.11 I get a message saying that I am already running 10.11.4 but still have the option to install 10.11.

Do you think that I should install 10.11? Alternatively I've read that 10.11.5 is now in beta testing, perhaps I should wait for that before doing anything else, although if the driver type updates to which you refer were in the 10.11 update will they still be missing after updating to 10.11.5?

I presumed that the fact that I'm already running 10.11.4 would have meant that any earlier updates would have been included when I updated, but maybe IOS doesn't work that way?

Any advice welcomed.

Cheers,

Rob

CardScan 800c driver for el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.