Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone because your photo library is not yet available. Please try again later??

Everytime I try to sync photos to my iPhone it keeps popping up with this message 'iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone because your photo library is not yet available. Please try again later' can someone help me please?

Driving me crazy.

Thanks

Mac Pro, Lost files, Photos

Posted on Oct 17, 2015 3:44 AM

21 replies

Oct 20, 2015 8:49 PM in response to Robster50

This problem came up for me Sunday, after installing El Capitan. (I refuse to call it an upgrade.) Reinstalling iTunes fixed the problem Monday. But Tuesday is another day, and the problem is back.

I've had numerous problems with Apple software over the past two years. The more trouble this becomes the less useful any of it is, and the less likely I'll but again. I hope Apple realizes that.

Oct 21, 2015 2:14 AM in response to David Robeson

I've had numerous problems with Apple software over the past two years. The more trouble this becomes the less useful any of it is, and the less likely I'll buy again. I hope Apple realizes that.

I agree 100%. In the rush to bring out the new shiny or bolt on new functionality the old mantra of "it just works" is getting lost for the basic stuff (although iTunes has been pretty unpredictable for years). Trouble is once you have bought into the ecosystem you are kind of stuck and have to put up with all the irritations of the basics not working as you'd want. I guess this is progress and developers being spread too thin or testers being too rushed to meet an unrealistic deadlines. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually and they'll be the next thing that stops working as a result. When there is waiting lists for people to buy their kit and related software (as it is superior even with the bugs) they aren't going to change. Hopefully the widening participation of their betas will mean these things eventually get picked and fixed up sooner.

Nov 3, 2015 8:47 AM in response to estrahm

Having had this issue plague me on just getting photos onto my wife's iPhone 5S to get 500 photos to her Apple Watch (eventually gave up and just shared more photos through iCloud with her). I subsequently attempted Robster50's solution and it did actually work (from my iMac) on the first attempt! Just proves something is screwy with the software!

Since then I have subsequently entered the nine circles of **** trying to do an encrypted backup of my iPhone to restore to a new iPhone. I've had the 'iPhone Disconnected' issue, the iTunes Crash issue, the iPhone sync failed to finish error, iTunes restore about half the apps and no content (giving it over 8 hours) .... iTunes just cannot cope!

Eventually I removed everything but the Apps (all podcasts, photos, music, TV Progs, Movies, etc) and did full sync on the old one (due to failures/crashes took about 3 fresh reinstalls of iTunes from DMG download) and then an eventual restore of just the Apps and a reinstall/re-Sync afterwards for other content (again - took about 2 more iTunes reinstalls from scratch).

Something is seriously wrong with this process/software but the only way to carry across App/Fitness /Activity/Watch data etc. I have this pain again to look forward to when I pass on the old phone to replace my wife's current phone. At least I have found a way to bludgeon my way through...

Nov 5, 2015 9:11 PM in response to Robster50

Why should a person have to install an app to make the simple act of synching photos possible. Ever since El Capitain, all I've had is problems wt my device. First my touch wouldn't function. If you do a search in this forum, you'll see about 13 pages of complaints related to that. I went to the Apple Store, and they charged me $160, for a replacement device, as if it were my fault. Before I went I saved a backup, to my computer. Now when I connect my new device, it claims none were made. So I am forced to take the long route, of adding my photos, & music, directly from my mac. Sorry I can't afford the price of iCloud, to back up these things. I also can't have the constant computer resources checking the cloud for new photos, I try to synch everything and get this message. I'm done wt Mac.

Nov 5, 2015 10:14 PM in response to greenmind

Hi greenmind

My link is correct, it is to iTunes download?

I know that an iPhone user will already have iTunes installed but the problem is that there seems to be something corrupt there and Photo's Library not available error message pops up almost every time you connect your device.

Downloading iTunes again from this link re-installs iTunes and certainly in my case was an immediate fix to the Photo's issue.

Since my posting on Oct 19th I have never again had a Photo's Library not available error message on any device I attach and I have 2 iPhones and an iPad!

Robin

Nov 6, 2015 1:48 AM in response to Robster50

Indeed re-installing over the top solved my issue. Thanks again.

To finish off my other issues, the encrypted backup/restore of my wife's iPhone onto my new cast off worked without incident. I think the issue must be related to the fact I had hundreds of Apps installed (plus films, TV progs, lots of photos) on my phone- she has maybe just an additional 40-50 above the default ones and just a few photos. These are on 128 GB iPhones so I imagine the more content you have the more issues there will be and as storage goes up on new devices even more problems. I guess at some point the devices will be USB3/C and transfer rates/methods will radically change to accommodate this amount of content.

iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone because your photo library is not yet available. Please try again later??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.