Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S bluetooth not working after iOS 9.2

Anyone else seeing bluetooth issues after upgrade to iOS 9.2 ? I cannot tether or use sync with car bluetooth.

I have iPhone 5S and bluetooth stopped woking after upgrade to iOS 9.2.

Please advise any remedies.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2, Bluetooth

Posted on Oct 18, 2015 6:22 PM

72 replies

Oct 19, 2015 6:36 AM in response to s2975

Good day s2975,

If you are having an issue with being unable to use Bluetooth with your iPhone, this article may help isolate the problem - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference.

If you find that you are unable to turn Bluetooth on for your iPhone, use the steps in this article - If Wi-Fi is grayed out or dim on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

Oct 20, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Brett L

The issue is resolved for tethering after MAC is upgraded to EL Captain. This observation kind of confirms the Bluetooth compatibility issue.

It may be an oversight by apple to not allow BT connection from Yosemite.

I am hoping for resolution of car connectivity soon. Its unsafe to pick up calls without hands free.

Dec 11, 2015 6:09 AM in response to lkloepfer

I am having the same issue. Since the latest update to 9.2 my iPhone 6s will connect via bluetooth to my 2016 Kia Sorento, but the music will not play. The song shows up on the screen, but no sound comes out of the speaker. I cleared my car device off of my phone and I re connected to my car, and it started working perfectly, but then it stopped working again. I have to keep deleting the device off my car and phone and re connecting.

Dec 11, 2015 10:15 AM in response to noeanne

2015 Kia Optima has the same exact issues. Music will play for about 10 minutes before cutting out and going back to the radio. I have to reconnect to get to BT media again, but it will not play any sound. Only rebooting the phone or repairing it to the car will fix it, but it will go out again after 10 or so minutes.

Dec 11, 2015 12:56 PM in response to s2975

I having the same identical problem with skipping tracks in Tidal, or using my Pioneer radio in the car that I have been for years.

Apple's quality control for patches is beyond abysmal lately. It's asinine that the quality of their support is this bad.

Apple, please give us an ETA for a fix, and not "restore your phone". This needs to be patched asap.

Jason

iPhone 5S bluetooth not working after iOS 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.