Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo display image size

When I edit a photo on my iPad 2 I can see the whole image; in normal display mode, however, the edges of the photo are missing. Is there anything I can do about this? Many thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 20, 2015 6:28 AM

8 replies

Oct 21, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Davecpep

Hi Davecpep,

I think I see what you seeing on your iPad. When viewing a photo the top and bottom of the image is hidden by the controls but when you edit the image you see it complete.

Note you can go full screen image by tapping on the image thus hiding the controls.

View photos and videos - iPad User Guide

While viewing a photo or video, tap to show and hide the controls. Swipe left or right to go forward or backward.

That way you don't have to go into Edit to see the complete picture.

Take care.

Oct 21, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Nubz N.

Thanks for your reply Nubz N. Sorry I wasn't clear - the issue is about losing some of the image from the right and left edges. I have looked more closely at my photos and realise this doesnt happen with shots I took on my old camera which were in 4:3 ratio which I think matches the iPad screen. By default my new camera shoots in 3:2 ratio format. The iPad is "choosing" to cut off a bit from each edge rather than show a black strip at the top and bottom, which would be my preference. My question is whether I am stuck with this display setting. Thanks again.

Photo display image size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.