Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.1 issue with contacts and apps

Hi all, after upgrading to IOs 9.1 today through itunes I'm unable to type and search any name in the contacts stored. Contacts are there but I'm now bound to scroll and type-search is showing no results. Also, after rebooting the apps aren't closing. I can close them the usual way but the apps which are open remain open even after rebooting it. I get the same page where I left the app on.

Please advise.

Mohan Singh

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 5:01 AM

Hi, I have also this issue after upgrading to IOS 9.1 through the wifi.

The workaround for now is to search contacts by using "central search" (swipe right on home screen)

26 replies

Oct 22, 2015 7:54 AM in response to TheSharadPatel

yes bro, you have to have one email account configured in the email client of iphone. Then go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Click on the email account configured>turn on the Contacts button. Close settings, close contacts, open contacts again and you should be able to see 'Groups' on the top left corner in contacts. If you still don't see this, close contacts again, re-open it should be there... cheers!!

Oct 22, 2015 8:16 AM in response to mohan8415

------- This worked for me ------

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

*** After resetting you may loose all your OWN settings like, wallpaper, Preferred ringtone, pass code etc,, but nothing will happen with your data, media and apps. GOOD LUCK !!!!

IOS 9.1 issue with contacts and apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.