Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Library on Windows downloading deleted photos

Just installed the new iCloud control panel on my Windows 10 machine.

Turned on Photo Library so I have my photos downloaded to my PC.

I was very surprised that it downloaded several old photos that I deleted from my Photo Library a long time ago.

They don't show up when I visit the photo library on www.iCloud.com. Also, they are not in the 'Recently Deleted' folder on my iDevices.

How is it possible these pictures are still on Apple's servers?

Makes me wonder if my deleted photo's really get deleted properly. And that's not a good feeling from a privacy standpoint...

iCloud Photo Library-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 1:24 AM

10 replies

Oct 26, 2015 7:34 AM in response to toosoon

So there you go. I have the same problem looking for a solution only to avoid 30 days of not using iCloud for server to delete everything.

I have nearly 800mb worth of photos in iCloud library and yet in photos app only 32 worth around 32mb. iCloud store nearly 500 of them from 3 previous years...

Such a flop is really disturbing, I was really shocked when I downloaded this library and saw photos that should't exsist long time ago. It makes me wonder if they really delete anything from their servers, this is a bug, but the one that maybe just revealed that they store and keep everything when they shouldn't.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 30, 2015 3:07 AM in response to toosoon

YES!! I have the same problem! To me, this is privacy violation from Apple! I have a total of 412 photos stored on iCloud, 32 on My Photo Stream and no videos stored. When I downloaded the iCloud for PC I wanted to sync these photos on it and SURPRISE! I've got 5 videos stored and 88 aditional photos I deleted seven months ago. How is this even possible? I remember these photos I took weren't even in my iPhone (I just took them and deleted them instantly) yet somehow they uploaded to some sort of invisible cloud (because these ones are not stored on My Photo Stream nor in iCloud). I want an explanation and I don't want this photos to appear AT ALL! Is not even 2016 yet and this software says I've got some pictures took in 2016!!! The problem is there's no option to delete these pictures from wherever they are!

Is there any solution to this?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Photo Library on Windows downloading deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.