Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan Remote Desktop Issue

Hi all,

I have a older mac mini (2013) model that is connected to my TV via HDMI, I use Apple Remote Desktop from my MBA to remote in and set it up for streaming sports and watching netflix etc. This has been absolutely flawless for the last year or so...

However, since upgrading to El Capitan, whenever I disconnect the ARD session the TV screen goes blank and stops playing whatever was on screen. As soon as I reconnect the ARD I see the login screen asking for a password, as soon as I enter this it resumes playing whatever it was doing.

Is there a setting that has changed since El Capitan that is locking the screen on disconnect or timeout? I have had a look at the power settings / screen saver etc but cant see anything obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Z

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 1:37 PM

15 replies

Oct 28, 2015 1:49 PM in response to lllaass

Apologies, it was a typo, I meant 2012 model.

Any thoughts on the original issue?? It seems to me after testing a bit more its locking the screen on RD disconnect. Im sure there is a terminal command or something to bypass this but I cant find anything on google.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sep 10, 2016 9:58 AM in response to remotedesktop

I have a different problem wherein I have computer labs with faculty machines with ARD. Whenever someone quits ARD in that labs it freezes all of the computers. If you reopen ARD and refresh the list they eventually decide to come back up. Could this work for that too? Is the trouble that we see related to restoring the state of the computer?

Sorry for hijacking the thread but, this looked a possible cause/solution for us too.

Thanks

P

El Capitan Remote Desktop Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.