Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot shuffle music in my playlists on Apple TV 4

WWhen I open a playlist (purchased music) I can't shuffle that music (from the playlist)

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 8:24 AM

24 replies

Oct 30, 2015 12:23 PM in response to simonbin

I Found the same last night, can only shuffle on Apple playlists. I have been shuffling my playlists for 3 years and now cannot. A few other things:

1) Flickr is now not an option for a screen saver. I asked the Apple Store about this yesterday before I bought it and they said it would still be the same but I don't get it as an option

2) a big thing for me is being able to skip music and videos in a playlist, with the old remote, id just click right and it would move to the next track. You seem to have to double click on menu and now scroll to find the song. It was Easier to click through without disturbing the screen saver. When you hit a video now, you have to fast forward through it to get to the next song ... I hope there is a fix to this because it's a real pain

3) when I installed it , icloud photo stream was an option, and now photostream doesn't appear at all. The option for photo stream has disappeared. I was only selecting that because Flickr is no longer an option.

Any help resolving appreciated :-)

Oct 31, 2015 9:47 AM in response to MikeySydney001

1. The Apple Store were mistaken. Flickr is no longer a built in app, and I assume 3rd party apps don't get access to the screensaver. That's not to say it won't come in future updates. Don't forget this is a version 1 product.

2. Click the right or the left hand side of the touch pad on the remote to skip. Hold the left/right side to search through the music.

3. Go to ScreenSaver Type and select "My Photos". Photostream is listed there.

Nov 2, 2015 4:48 AM in response to MikeySydney001

i figured a way to shuffle!

if your apple music playlist is shared, the shared playlist can be shuffled!

1. simply share your own playlist with anyone or just send it to yourself via iMessage or email (on iPad, iPhone or Mac), and then the playlist will become a shared playlist.

2. go to your apple tv and click on your new shared playlist. go to the "..." on the right and you can shuffle from there!

why this is so, i have simply no idea, but i think it works! let me know.

Nov 5, 2015 12:43 PM in response to MarcfromPA

I just received my AppleTV in the mail and after only a few minutes I’ve notice this and few other glitches. You cannot shuffle iCloud playlist, even when you ask Siri to do it. When playing music over airplay there is no option for “Now playing”. Advancing a song on Airplay seems to trigger the screen saver, even though I have the screen saver set to not turn on during music. The cover art in Airplay seems to be one song behind. All of these are software issues that will hopefully be addressed soon. What’s really dismaying me is that there is no optical output, which for my system means I cannot get music to play on any of my remote speakers and that might be ground for returning this little box.

I cannot shuffle music in my playlists on Apple TV 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.