Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music app stuck on Apple music screen HELP!!!

tried to open my music app and the Apple Music screen came up and nothing else. Can't access anything on the app and the screen apears to be stuck. Tried restarting iPad, closing app, etc. but nothing happens. What can I do??

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 11:09 AM

28 replies

Oct 30, 2015 11:24 AM in response to qhrider

Was there a "My Music" button at the bottom of the screen? Once you go to My Music the Apple Music screen should not come back. If the iPad has frozen on the Apple Music screen try quitting the Music app then reset the iPad. Finally try the Music app again.

To quit an app double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app. Then reset the iPad Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

Dec 2, 2015 5:05 AM in response to qhrider

HI..I was also suffering from exactly the same problem then i searched and searched but found nothing then I finally came up with the solution myself.

Here it is:

GO to settings

Select music in the menu

Then make sure ur Apple Music is turned on

If not then turn it on

Then go back to Music

Hopefully this should work..

If not then reboot ur Apple Device (Hold sleep/wake button and home botton together for about 10 sec then Apple logo will appear and ur device will restart...Nothing will get lost its just like restarting a computer)

Hopefully it should work...

Thx

Regards,

Harry

Dec 7, 2015 6:52 PM in response to hardeep2123

When I open my "Music" app (synchronized with iTunes on my MacBook Air) the opening screen keeps going completely frozen with the Apple symbol and the word "MUSIC".

Under "Settings" / "Music" I have "Show Apple Music" set to "Off"

This has been happening over & over for weeks. The only way to access my music and playlists is to switch the iPhone 6 off and restart it.

Jan 22, 2016 7:43 PM in response to qhrider

This has been happening to me as well for quite some time now. The easiest way I found to get past this and access the music app is to use the new press down hard and hold feature that is a quick access menu. Press down and hold the music app icon and then click search. It should bring you right into the app 🙂 hope this works for everyone else since it works great for me.

Jan 23, 2016 8:03 AM in response to qhrider

Yes, it appears to be a bug in IOS 9.2.1. When I open iTunes, it has a black screen with a person at the top, and it simply says "Music." The screen freezes--there are no options to click on anything (i.e., it doesn't load fully). The only solution I've found is to close iTunes, turn off the WiFi (or put in Airplane mode), and re-open iTunes. This is REALLY annoying for me, because I'm a music professor and need to teach with iTunes and WiFi simultaneously.

music app stuck on Apple music screen HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.