Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to retrieve a serialnumber and IMEI from a dead iPhone?

So,

without using ´Settings->About->Info´.

without having the original packaging, proof of purchase,a letter or e-mail with this information.

withoutusing iTunes.

Just only the phone itself.

Or can be another way, by using different software?

Most iPhone have reached a certain condition and not able to give a sign of life.

Whole Apple iPhone family/series with any iOS version. Maybe iPad family/series too.

Can somebody help?

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 3:19 PM

118 replies

Oct 30, 2015 4:10 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Only iTunes can create backups from iPhones. No backup is ever created. But this is not the way.

Where can I find the device's IMEI number and serialnumber. Support webpages and other websites do mention about normal methods.

The ´Settings->About->Info´, original packaging, proof of purchase don't contain the right information.

I don't want device gets rejected or make a long way to repair.

Are the IMEI number and serialnumber listed somewhere else. It seems to be inside the iPhone, but I can't find them.

Nov 3, 2015 2:15 PM in response to RalfFerdius

There is not much to backup. Can you make backups with other software then iTunes?

It seems contacts are not stored on the simcard?

Still not able to retrieve requested info from died phone.

Made already an attempt to charge it with a different charger connected to power socket and after a half hour still no sign of life.

Why put these info on non-accessible part?

Nov 9, 2015 3:18 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

It's stupid that Apple need a serialnumber, instead common used IMEI.

Yes, I don't mention sending in for repair. Must I start with this?

Yes, I don't indicate why I wanted the serialnumber. Must I tell you / others this?

Where can you use the serialnumber? Where need you the serialnumber?

Surely not for calling and SMS... To check your warranty and do a repair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.