Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity app crashes when viewing November 1

When I open the Activity app on the iPhone to view the activity results from the Apple Watch for yesterday, November 1, the app crashes immediately after displaying the initial view of the three rings. I suspect this is related to the transition from Daylight Saving Time to Standard Time on November 1.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2015 10:18 AM

14 replies

Nov 2, 2015 11:55 AM in response to slcasner

Sometimes I can scroll to the top of the Stand bars before my iPhone crashes. Moreover, I have lost one of my weekly awards for Standing even though the award says my latest award was November 1. I know this because my Exercise and Standing activities have been synchronized with respect to awards until yesterday. I also noticed on the iPhone yesterday that there was an attempt to have 25 bars with different times (11, 5, 11, 5,11) with the times not beginning with a bar as usual.

Daylight Savings time transitions have been a well-known problem in software for over fifty years. Not that hard to solve.

Nov 2, 2015 12:07 PM in response to slcasner

The watch app was fine until 11pm on November 1. Then, entering the 25th hour of the day, it started crashing. I could pull up the rings, but when I tried to scroll over to see the hourly standing detail, the app would crash. I was watching the World Series, and the start of the app crash issue was nearly coincident with the Mets crash in the top of the 9th.

Now that we're back with 24 hour days, all seems to be fine on the watch. The iPhone app still does not like what happened on 11/1. Try to look at that date, and the app crashes.

Nov 3, 2015 2:08 AM in response to Bill0109

Same thing here. I also lost my move goal streak because of this, which dates back to the day the watch was released. 11/1 is no longer showing as having closed the move ring even though, ironically, I ran the NYC Marathon that day so I actually met the goal 5 times over. But the app no longer recognizes this so as far as it is concerned I have started over as of 11/2.

Nov 3, 2015 10:11 AM in response to slcasner

You lucked out then. When I scroll back to month view in Activities.app on the phone, 11/1 shows the move ring as not being completed, even though it was many times over. The streak award even lists 11/1 as the last day I earned it. But now because that date is no longer recognized as being completed, I did not get the achievement on 11/2. No idea why it recognizes only SOME of my move data from that day but has discarded the majority of it. I filed a bug report with Apple, so we shall see.

User uploaded file

Nov 3, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Michael Truskowski

So I have an update. It turns out the app crash isn't the cause of the missing data. It was RunKeeper that caused it. Rather than add to my move goal, it subtracted from it. But at the end of the day. So all day long it looked like I made it, but then it was taken away. I only discovered this when looking at the race I ran the week before and it is missing a ton of data too. So fail all around basically.

Nov 3, 2015 5:48 PM in response to léonie

I still can't scroll to see the Stand bars on November 1 before the app crashes.

Curiously, earlier today when I opened the Activity app on the iPhone I saw the partially completed rings for today (November 3) but the rings for November 2 were completely dark. I scrolled the week bar back one so I could check November 1 again, and the app crashed. After reopening, November 2 showed correctly.

Dec 2, 2015 10:21 AM in response to slcasner

I have this exact problem. I was on an Apple Support Chat about to set up my phone as new when I decided to Google "iphone activity app crashes when i view a day" and here I am. Thank goodness I'm not alone. I'm going to sit tight until the next iOS update and cross my fingers. Meanwhile if anyone finds a solution, let me know. I've got an iPhone 5S running iOS 9.1 (13B143)

Things I tried that didn't work...

1. Power off and on, normally.

2. Force a reset, holding power and home buttons.

3. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

I can view the month of November, when I either tap on November 1 or swipe to it when viewing day by day, the day and data appear, the rings animate around. As soon as the animation finishes, crash! Every time. At this point, I am due the Achievement for completing all rings for every day in November.

Activity app crashes when viewing November 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.