Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print from Macbook Pro to HP Envy printer. Never had a problem before. Wifi is on. Copy DID print from iPhone.

Can't post from Macbook Pro with IOS 9.1 to HP Envy printer. Never had a problem before. Macbook telling me printer is not connected, yet everything on computer and printer indicates it is, including wi-fi connection. I eventually printed the material from iPhone with no problem.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2015 7:36 AM

3 replies

Nov 7, 2015 8:08 AM in response to jiml7

Users with this complaint sometimes made "unrelated" changes that clobber their connection to the Printer.

Network problems:

• Changes to network configuration, especially replacing the Router with a new one (that move the network IP Addresses to a different range of local addresses).

• Having the Printer use a DHCP IP Address rather than the vastly-preferable Manually-assigned IP Address. When the Printer gets a new IP Address (which can happen form time-to-time) it cannot be reached because it is configured (on the Mac) for a fixed Address that it is no longer using.

Mac OS X problems:

• upgrading to new version of Mac OS X (especially to El Capitan) without re-creating the Printer so that it uses its latest Driver.

• configuring the Printer as the wrong type of Printer (default Bonjour ) rather than IP Printer using {HP Jetdirect Socket, Line Printer Daemon (LPD), Internet Printing Protoco (lPP) }

• general Mac OS X problems such as damaged install of Mac OS X

• Utilities or so-called "anti-Virus" that conflicts with proper operation of the Printer on your Mac.

Dumb (really dumb) printers:

• some printers are so dumb, they cannot even be discovered in the usual way, and require a manufacturer's configurator program to discover and "pre-Install" the Printer queue on your Mac.

Can you tell us more details of this non-printing problem?

EDIT: with your response, I guess I can add "Printer connected to neighboring unprotected Network" to the network problems list.

Can't print from Macbook Pro to HP Envy printer. Never had a problem before. Wifi is on. Copy DID print from iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.