Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My restrictions code is different from my passcode but I never set one. How do I reset the restriction code?

My restrictions code is different than my passcode but I do not know what it is and don't recall ever setting one. How do I change it or figure out what it is?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2015 5:56 PM

18 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:21 PM in response to tworl

I have had exactly the problem. I have an iPad 3 and after the most recent update iOS9 I suddenly have a restrictions passcode that never existed before.

I have heard from several people who have exactly the same problem.

Apple refuses to admit there is an issue here. They assume we are all morons who just 'forgot'. Well I'm no moron and I NEVER has a restriciton on my iPad.

I cannot restore from a backup, because I backed up my iPad post updating. Now I am supposed to reset as NEW and start all over again.

Not at all happy with the attitude from Apple and their response to this. Not happy at all.

Feb 23, 2016 9:49 PM in response to Neil Clayton

0000 does not work tried it twice now i am up to 4 failed attempts and again as everyone else has said above I did not forget my restrictions code I NEVER set one. i have this issue on both my old iPhone i am trying to restore to factory as well as the brand new one I have only had a couple months and I am pretty sure it all started with one of the recent OSI updates. Perhaps someone should look into that instead of insisting we all forgot we set a code.

My restrictions code is different from my passcode but I never set one. How do I reset the restriction code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.