Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone Using Wacom Creative Stylus 2 with iPad Pro?

Since the Apple Pen is at least 3-4 weeks away, I'm thinking of buying a Wacom Creative Stylus 2 to use with my iPad Pro. Has anyone used this specific Wacom stylus with the iPad Pro and were there any issues? Any particular art program with which it will not work? Any help appreciated.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2015 7:39 AM

20 replies

Nov 14, 2015 9:26 AM in response to MichelPM

Well, the answer is the iPad Pro will not connect to the Wacom Creative Stylus 2, even after the latest firmware update. I've had little or no luck with the Adonis Jot Touch; I can occasionally get it to make a mark but forget drawing with it. Pencil by Fifty-three works with Paper but that's like drawing with a piece of firewood. Guess I'm stuck until the Apple Pencil shows up.

Nov 16, 2015 1:48 PM in response to Sean Collins1

If you purchased a Bluetoith Adonit Jot Pro w/pixelpoint, I CAN confirm that the stylus works without issues with the Procreate paint app and Concepts sketching and drawing app.

If you activate Bluetooth on both the iPad Pro and within the Apps themselves, the stylus DOES function as it should.

To consistently use the palm rejection features in drawing style apps and if there is palm rejection technlogy in the stylus, make sure you rest your palm down on the screen, FIRST, before starting to draw with the Adonit stylus.

Nov 17, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Sean Collins1

Do you have Bluetooth on for the iPad and the stylus?

What apps are you using with the stylus and do they support Adonit Bluetooth styluses ( not all of the drawing apps do).

Were you able to pair the Adonit stylus within the App? There is usually a drawing app system preference that you need to get at to pair the Adonit stylus, if the app supports Adonit styluses.

Is the lithium battery fully charged (green light on the stylus when placed in the USB charger and placed on the magnetic charging plate.

Nov 18, 2015 12:22 AM in response to Sean Collins1

Are you using the latest Procreate version?

Mine Jot Touch w/ pixelpoint is working fine.

Did you purchase this directly from Adonit or on Amazon?

I purchased mine from Adonit to make sure I would get a new Jot Touch with the most recent install stylus firmware.

The Adonit styluses being sold on Amazon may not have the latest/greatest firmware installed on them.

Nov 18, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Keith R Thompson

Well, my dilemma was unexpectedly resolved this morning. I decided to get up early at be at my local Apple store when it opened. As luck would have it, I was the only one in the group awaiting opening to be looking for an Apple Pencil. They had one in stock, and I do mean ONE! I snagged it and lemme tell ya, it works beautifully.

Reports are they're starting to show up in Apple retail stores and the associate this morning said they thought they would get a bigger order around Friday or first of next week. So don't give up. If you have an Apple store nearby, keep checking. They're starting to arrive.

Nov 21, 2015 10:10 AM in response to Keith R Thompson

I purchased an Intuos Creative Stylus 2 for my iPad Pro last Monday. Opened it up and it was missing the charging cable. Took it back to Best Buy, and there were none available, were two when I purchase mine. So they returned it without a problem and ordered me one to be delivered to their store which I got Friday, yesterday. Put in on to charge over night and started to try it out this morning. It does not work with an iPad Pro, even with the most up to date firmware. In fact the firmware update software would not recognize the stylus on the iPad Pro. I've been using iPads for some time, the previous an iPad 3. Been waiting for the bigger screen for a while now. On the iPad 3 the firmware update said it didn't need to update the stylus and then tried it with Bamboo Paper and Pro Create on the iPad 3 and it worked fine. Just will not work with the iPad Pro.

As for Wacom, I attempted twice to submit a support request on their site and it would just die when you click submit and there is no place on their site to just get an email address that I could send in an email to, you have to use their form. I was able to submit a comment, but have no idea if that will trigger a response from them either, Attempting to cover all the bases, a called thier support number and got a recording which I expected. Told me to leave a message and then said the voice mail box was full, so a suspect I'm not going to hear from them any time soon. Since it's Saturday, I will not really know until Monday or Tuesday next week. For being a premium provider of digitizing pads, tablets and stylus for the industry, their support sure seems like a mom and pop operation running out of the back of a garage.

I've decided to return the stylus and wait patiently for an Apple Pencil, and maybe a Apple iPad Pro Keyboard... But I would not waste my time or effort with the Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus at this time, It's just not ready from prime time.

Anyone Using Wacom Creative Stylus 2 with iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.