Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro screen is yellow

Just got my new iPad Pro and love it, best iPad ever. But I've noticed the screen color temperature is significantly shifted more toward the warm/yellow tones than my other two iPads, which are cool/bluish. I like th blue better, it makes whites look cleaner. I was wondering if this is a common issue?

<Edited by Host>

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, null

Posted on Nov 14, 2015 7:08 PM

107 replies

Nov 15, 2015 3:01 AM in response to shawnbuddy

Shawn, I also noticed this right way. Compared to my iPad Air, iPad pro has this yellow hue color when looking at backgrounds like excel or word.

I didnt want to deal it not knowing if it's a defect or supplier issue so I simply returned it and got my money back.

perhaps I will reorder it a few months from now While I watch this site for more complaints. My iPad Air works perfectly so I can wait.

good luck.

Nov 16, 2015 5:02 PM in response to shawnbuddy

SShawn, this is exactly what I saw on my iPad pro before I returned it and the apple customers phone rep told me it was a defect and to return it. So I did.

a Coworke of one brought his in today and it looked somewhat yellow also but was hard to compare without my iPad Air 2

plaxe let me or us know what your replacement is th same or differen.

thank you

Nov 16, 2015 5:26 PM in response to shawnbuddy

I had the same problem a couple of years back when I upgraded to an iPad 2 and ended up returning it for a refund as the genius staff refused to accept it as a defect, even when you could see a marked difference compared with the shop models on display.

The one thing I've learnt with Apple if you're at all unhappy with a product get a refund before the 14 days are up. Going down the Genius bar route only leads to frustration and is often not practical without overrunning the return period e.g. here in London it takes at least a week to get a genius bar appointment in the first place.

Nov 19, 2015 8:49 AM in response to bobseufert

Just to chime in here...I bought the 32GB Ipad Pro for my wife. The screen had the nice white tones. I liked it so much I bought the 128gb unit for myself. Both units were the gold color. I noticed the difference right away. So I take my unit back to apple to exchange it, show them and they also notice it...another comes out, we power it on and again same yellowish tone to the whites. All the units in the apple stores have spectacular white colors. They are all 32GB units and I dont think there is any problem with the 32GB units. They must be using a different batch of screens for the 32gb vs the 128gb units. Wouldnt surprise me to find out that Samsung was manufacturing the 32GB units. So after the second one comes out, I tell them no good and they bring out a third unit. For my troubles they give me a free case. I take it home and again noticable difference in color tones, at least to my eyes. So for kicks I go to a Bestbuy near me and try again for a forth and final time for now, again a 128GB Gold unit and it also shows the yellows only this one was a little worse, I immediately tell them im not leaving with this...refund it and they do..So I created a video on youtube which clearly shows the difference in colors. The 32GB on the left is my wifes which she is keeping and the one on the right is this 3rd unit I got at the apple store which is being returned today. For 1100.00 they better have near perfect screens...also why make the 32GB units really nice white levels and screw the guys that are buying the 128GB units. I personally emailed tim cook on this issue and have yet to hear from him...I guess I'll wait 4 months till they straighten this out...if after 4 months i buy another one..and its the same...then I'll wait for the ipad pro 2. Lol. or just never buy one.....here is the video link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8t11Gk1jU

iPad Pro screen is yellow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.