Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i put a chrome website icon on my home page

How can I put an icon for a Google website on my iPad Pro home screen?

iPad, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2017 3:32 PM

The question is very clear - many answers seem to be confused - answering how to do this for Safari does not help if you want to have Chrome deal with the web site. I have systems that do not run on Safari so I have to run on Chrome. So an answer to this question would be great (if there was one), however it seems that although you can do this on an iPhone you cannot do this on an iPad (...bit of a hole there Apple!!!).

As a workaround you can set up bookmarks inside Chrome for these items but that seems to be the only answer at this time.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2017 3:32 PM in response to jerryfromwinnetka

The question is very clear - many answers seem to be confused - answering how to do this for Safari does not help if you want to have Chrome deal with the web site. I have systems that do not run on Safari so I have to run on Chrome. So an answer to this question would be great (if there was one), however it seems that although you can do this on an iPhone you cannot do this on an iPad (...bit of a hole there Apple!!!).

As a workaround you can set up bookmarks inside Chrome for these items but that seems to be the only answer at this time.

Mar 5, 2018 12:10 AM in response to tebdrummer

tebdrummer wrote:

The correct answer is buy an Android device. You cannot make a shortcut on the iPad desktop that will open with chrome. We're lucky enough to have chrome as an app.

Plus with Android you get the free Back/Escape key. And a much better keyboard.

Have a nice browsing experience.

Yeah,

And get a lot of free and “open” nasty malware and viruses to go with that Google Hemroi...err, Android device, also.

Like this one. One of the worst Android malware/viruses EVER in the sordid history of Google Android.

http://macdailynews.com/2018/03/02/new-android-malware-records-ambient-audio-fir es-off-premium-rate-texts-and-harvests-f…

Awesome...NOT!

Nov 17, 2015 7:42 AM in response to jerryfromwinnetka

I am not sure if I understand what you want to do. You can't make a homescreen shortcut in Google chrome as you can in Safari on iOS devices. If you are asking about the google chrome app it can be downloaded in the App Store. To create a homescreen shortcut in safari, go to the website and tap on the share button (square with arrow) then the option add to home screen should be visible. -AJ

how do i put a chrome website icon on my home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.