Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the flash for the camera on ipad pro

HI,

i have just purchsed the new ipad pro, can anyone tell me how i find the flash for the camera please as it is not displayed on the camera screen.

thanks in advance

iPad, iOS 9.0.2, Ipad pro

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 11:06 AM

26 replies

Jul 23, 2016 5:16 PM in response to lanceanz

The 12.9" iPad does not have a flash.

The 9.7" however does have a True Tone flash.

http://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

iPad Pro has remarkable cameras on both the front and the back. The 12.9‑inch model’s 8‑megapixel iSight camera lets you shoot beautiful photos and video. The 9.7‑inch iPad Pro comes with a 12‑megapixel iSight camera, which can capture 4K video, 240‑fps slo-mo videos, and Live Photos. It’s also the first iPad with True Tone flash, so skin tones look great regardless of lighting.

Things are sharper on the other side of iPad Pro, too. The front-facing FaceTime HD camera’s latest sensor makes video calls more lifelike. And on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, the 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera features Retina Flash with True Tone for gorgeous selfies.

Nov 10, 2016 5:25 PM in response to Sjnjab

Yeah, yeah.

The original post and replies are nearly a year old and about when the first 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro came out!

This is an old post.

At the time these posts came out, the iPad Pro wasn't out, as yet, and there was no views of the backside of the large iPad Pro.

Plus, up until that time, NO iPad ever had an LED flash with their backfacing cameras.

I got my iPad Pro as soon as they hit the Apple Stores and yes, indeed, there is a 8 megapixel camera with an LED flash right near the lens.

Where is the flash for the camera on ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.