Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple Forum not accept questions from an iOS9 iPad Air?

I get a standard message: You may not change this message" and the question Discussion freezes.

Is this some stupid WINDOWS software we have to use in the Apple Forums that eliminate discussions composed on an iOS9 iPad Air?

I have to get on my iMac to ask any discussions at Apple Forums.

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, 32 GB

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 9:45 PM

39 replies

Nov 18, 2015 5:00 PM in response to blackxacto

This is one of the crazy things that happen with the forum software. I've seen this for quite some time. Many times, the double cap is also the first letter doubled. This is one of the things that many of us that frequent the forum have learned to put up with or figured out our own little workarounds to before we post messages here. Welcome to jive software.

Nov 18, 2015 5:03 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

My current theory is some time after the last Forum changeover Jive has developed self awareness and a rudimentary sense of humor. When you get a glitch it's just Jive playing a funny on you.

Thanks for the heads-up on the reply not appearing problem. That's almost become a new class of glitches, "Zombie glitches." You think they been fixed only to have then spring to lif when you're least suspecting them.

Nov 18, 2015 5:05 PM in response to blackxacto

The DubbleCap is a known issue with iPads. The Rich Text Editor is an "add-on" to the SiteWare - Jivesoftware - it is Open Source and I don't believe it has been 'monkeyed with' like the AppleJiveWare that runs the rest.

If I remember AlohaBob's workaround right, he types a SPACE before starting the first paragraph (it only occurs on paragraph one)

Why does Apple Forum not accept questions from an iOS9 iPad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.