Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 13014--can't open iTunes

I'm on an early 2011 Macbook Pro with El Capitan 10.11.1 and have searched high and low for why I can't open iTunes. My hard drive is not full and my iTunes content is stored on a Seagate external drive (never been an issue in the past). I can't uninstall it since it's required for my Mac & reinstalling over a current version won't do much anyway. My iTunes version is 12.3.1. I've tried renaming the Genius files (worked on previous versions) and can't find a solution.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 8:19 AM

7 replies

Nov 18, 2015 9:11 AM in response to bassgirl

Please back up all data.

As a test, please move the iTunes library folder from the Music folder (or wherever you keep it in your home folder) to the Desktop. If you've moved the library folder to another volume, unmount the volume.

Quit and relaunch the application. It may prompt you to create a new library, or to select an existing one. Create a new one and import a few tracks. Test.

After testing, quit again and put the original library back where it was, replacing the test library. Post your results.

Error 13014--can't open iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.