Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Update 6.0 for iMac 5K

Apple Software Update has just popped up for me it contains the Boot Camp Update 6.0

Provides 5K support when running Windows via Boot Camp on iMac with Retina 5K display. Fixes an issue that may cause certain Macs to become unresponsive after restarting. Addresses an issue that may prevent certain Macs from waking after sleep.

5K resolution???????? FINALLY?? Yeah!!!

Confirmed, 5K Resolution, Text is now super crispy, well it only took a year to make it happen. Good Job AMD/Apple.

During the installation, the text is extremely TINY, so be ready to use the magnifying glass so you can change the scaling in Windows, but I can make out the text (yes the screen is that awesome). I installed the update in Windows 10 with the November update.

I hope I can still play "games", the drivers are provided by AMD and dated October 5th 2015.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 9:56 AM

28 replies

Nov 19, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Memiehic

So...What does this mean? The 6.0 came with El Capitan few months ago. I installed Windows but the AMD driver problem is still there. Could you be more specific?

Nov 19, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Community User

This is the latest update to Boot Camp, the version still stays at 6.0 which is shown in Apple Software Update, and is specific for the iMacs with 5K resolution.

The 5K Resolution in Windows is now available, people were waiting for that for under a year, but might not had any idea that it is now available.

But I have the latest Windows 10 Pro with November Update.

Nov 20, 2015 3:07 PM in response to Memiehic

Problem not solved at all. I've just installed Windows 8.1 and that anoyng AMD popup is still there, saying that the driver is not installed, though I'd updated the Boot Camp drive (and yes, it lies by saying that is for 5K retina display!!). No games, no screensavers. Just a crap.

Nov 21, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Loner T

Like I said 15.200.1060.0.. And that's why I told you it is just a crap. I've already searched for 15.201.2001.0 drive and there is nothing about it on Google. Strange that Memiehic has mentioned something we can't find...

Boot Camp Update 6.0 for iMac 5K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.