Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My bootcamp on windows 10 is giving a black screen boot w/no startup chime. Can someone please help!

This is a sad day today because it's my birthday and I don't know what to do about my computer.

I own a Macbook Pro that's 17 inches, early 2011. It has a 1 tb sshd, 16gb of ram ddr3, with the latest version of El Capitan. It also has bootcamp. With windows 10 on it. Everything was working perfectly fine until yesterday morning it was 1 am, I was using El Capitan and I wanted to restart the pc from osx to windows 10. I selected system preferences -> startup disk and Selected Bootcamp windows. Next thing I know this happened. There is no startup chime. And the shortcuts don't work.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Windows 10

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 7:57 PM

20 replies

Nov 19, 2015 8:27 PM in response to Loner T

The thing with my Windows restore points is that I can't revert back because the last time I did it - it kept giving me an error and my task scheduler kept giving me a fatal error. Those issues happened even when I had win 7 and if I had known this would have happened to me (the black boot screen) I wouldn't had upgraded. Just my luck I guess.

Nov 21, 2015 6:20 PM in response to Loner T

What do you mean with verification? I got the iso straight from the windows website. I burned the disk using 4x speed and I put it into the mac. I do hear the spins and ejects but the cd doesn't eject. And the screen is still not showing anything. I will show you a video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8aIXZr35x5PSUdpMG1MQUtrVTA/view?usp=sharing

Nov 21, 2015 6:32 PM in response to caretoexplain

Thanks for making the video.

1. Do you have a second Mac?

2. Can you shutdown the Mac, power it back up and hold Command+R (or Command+Opt+R) and start the OSX Recovery console?

3. Please take a look at https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Early+2011+Optical+Driv e+Replacement/5904 and see if help in getting the disk out of the Optical drive? You will need some specific tools as listed on this page.

When you burn a disk, you can also ask the burn process to verify the blocks before finalizing the burn session. This is what I meant by verification.

Nov 21, 2015 7:52 PM in response to Loner T

Nope I don't. This is my first mac 😟

Besides that I only have a acer chromebook 720p and an old windows xp computer that has 600mb of ram.

I did take a look at the website and I don't think I'd be willing to risk frying my pc just to get the disk out.

As for verifying I think I did. After I burned the disk, I tested it on my windows xp machine and it worked. It was slow (because of pc) but worked nonetheless. I tested it on my mac book and it didn't give it back (optical drive) when I pushed on the eject button as seen on the video. Also I don't the key combos work. I tried Command+R at bootup and Command+Opt+R. No response. So what's next?

My bootcamp on windows 10 is giving a black screen boot w/no startup chime. Can someone please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.