Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install smart card and reader drivers in OS X El Capitan?

I am having trouble installing drivers for a Smartcard and Reader drivers on my late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM and 1 TB Flash Drive. Are there any firewall or other settings I must set or reset to accomplish this?

I have tried turning off the Firewall and security setting to allow installation of software from any source. I have not succeeded yet.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 16 GB RAM, 1 TB Flash Drive

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 6:43 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2015 5:23 AM in response to Duane

Thank you for your reply but it does not answer my question. Mac OS does have drivers for most everything but for business requirements one needs to install equipment and drivers that are generally used.

So, my question is still, for those devices, how do I install the drivers? I was able to install them up through OS X Yosemite but after I updated to El Capitan these devices have become inoperable, requiring reinstallation of drivers for El Capitan.

Nov 22, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Duane

Unfortunately the forum is acting up and I can't see your last reply.

To install drivers is the same as installing any other software in El Capitan. You download the software to your hard drive. If it is a zip file, you unzip the file. If it is a disk image, you open the disk image. If it has an installer, run the installer. If it does not have an installer, you typically drag the file to the applications folder.

How to install smart card and reader drivers in OS X El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.