Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Windows 10 with Bootcamp: No images are available

Hi, I cannot install Windows 10 on my iMac.

After rebooting through BCA, and after entering my product key, i get the "no images are available" when asked for which operating system to install.

I downloaded my ISO here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/home

I tried this more than once, following BCA's assistant to the letter, both with the simple Windows 10 iso, as well as with the Windows Single Language iso. (I did this because of this thread:"No images available" after BCA reboots into Windows 10 installer), but it doesn't seem to work with either one. For the record, even when I download the simple Windows 10 iso, I am still asked to confirm a language (I choose English International) in which case the iso contains in its name the language chosen e.g.: Win10_1511_EnglishInternational_x64.iso and Win10_1511_SingleLang_EnglishInternational_x64.iso accordingly, when using the Single Language one.

My System:

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.1

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2014) with a 3TB SSD ( If that matters for some reason: I make a partition of 1TB for windows and keep 2 for the MacOS).

Thank you in advance,

Dimitris

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 12:47 AM

11 replies

Nov 24, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Loner T

Tried with Win10_1511_English_x64.iso [4,08 GB]

Did not work. "No images are available" again.

A few weird things happened this time around:

1) While Bootcamp was attempting to format the USB drive it reported an error "Your bootable USB drive could not be created". Thinking that it might have to do with the USB drive i formatted it into MS-DOS (FAT) and attempted again. It worked. Format was completed successfully. I read in another thread that it actually might have to do with the fact that the iso was mounted at the time of the first attempt to format. Cannot remember, i goes it doesn't matter.

2)After partitioning was finished, Bootcamp did not restart into the windows installation environment. It restarted into MAcOS. I think this is the first time this had happened. I then manually booted into windows by holding Alt during restart. It is worth mentioning here that when i manually boot [by holding Alt] into windows, everything is big and out of proportion., meaning that the resolution is poor.

BUT during all my previous failed attempts to install, when BCA restarts into windows after partitioning, the screen resolution is ok. With the little knowledge that I have, I understand that the drivers [graphic card driver in our example] are properly found and loaded.

I saw on an article that it is possible to install without a USB. By doing a little research i saw a few images where the iso path AND the partitioning are on the same window, but i do not get the option. [I have Bootcamp 6.0.0 (519]. Does it have to do with my iMac model?

As for the flash Drive (in case it plays a role) I use a Transcend JetFlash 500 (16 GB) USB 2.0 http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2383626,00.asp

I might attempt with a different external drive this time around...

...very tiring to try this over over and over without results...

Nov 24, 2015 1:13 PM in response to jamesbaracuda

I saw on an article that it is possible to install without a USB. By doing a little research i saw a few images where the iso path AND the partitioning are on the same window, but i do not get the option. [I have Bootcamp 6.0.0 (519]. Does it have to do with my iMac model?

Can you a link to this article?

A different USB drive is a good method to test. I have used SanDisk devices and have not run into any issues.

Can't install Windows 10 with Bootcamp: No images are available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.