Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rust/corrosion developed to both sides of my iPhone 6 and can I ask for replacement of phone

Rust/corrosion developed to both sides of my iPhone 6 and can I ask for replacement of phone

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 7:43 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Kondadi Ajay Kumar

Hello Kondadi Ajay Kumar,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you're seeing some discoloration or corrosion on the side of your iPhone. I suggest that you take your iPhone to an Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store in your area to get this repaired. You can use the link below to learn about the service options for your iPhone.

Service Answer Center - iPhone

Take care.

Jan 2, 2016 8:59 PM in response to Kondadi Ajay Kumar

Hi,

My iPhone 6 is also exhibiting corrosion on the sides to the point of there being small holes. Would really appreciate if you could tell me if the corrosion on your phone is similar to mine - please check out the pictures on the linked thread.

Is your iPhone 6 gold? Also did you keep it in a case?

What was the outcome of taking it to the service centre please?

Thank you.
Prembo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.