Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"not enough space" error persists

Hey everyone,

I downloaded xcode (not via the app store because that wouldn't work) and now I get the screen where it asks you to drag the xcode icon onto the applications icon but I keep getting the same "not enough space" error. I've obviously already checked this and I have 12.05GB left, whereas Xcode is only about 5 GB. I've already checked a bunch of support forums and I read online that this might be due to permissions, so I checked that as well but it still doesn't work. The xcode icon also has a white circle and stripe over it which I can only assume it normally doesn't. 😝

Really need this to work. I'm pretty new to all of this so any suggestions are welcome, even if they might seem extremely obvious to you.

Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:32 AM

1 reply

"not enough space" error persists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.