Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I give feedback on Responses

I have been posting questions across the forums. I have been getting a lot of good responses. How does one indicate the response was correct tor helpful. Does one have to get back to your email? You don't know if the response was helpful until you go to the forum and read it. Its there a way to "give credit" while on the forum? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, Talking to Siri via "Dashboard"

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:00 AM

See Award points, level up, and earn new privileges.

If people are responding to a thread that you started you can use the This helped me or This solved my question links as you feel is appropriate. If you're in someone else's thread you can also use the This helped me links if you wish. If you have enabled email from the communities you may be able to activate those options in the email that you received, otherwise you can do it on the live forum. Depending on the options you set for email you may get notified if a post you've made has been responded to or marked by someone else as helpful or a solution.

You may find these links to your own content useful, the first three will highlight threads with new activity:

Authored Discussions

Participated Discussions

Following Discussions

Recently Viewed Discussions

See also Site map of Communities and Categories.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2015 10:00 AM in response to MD_Gene

See Award points, level up, and earn new privileges.

If people are responding to a thread that you started you can use the This helped me or This solved my question links as you feel is appropriate. If you're in someone else's thread you can also use the This helped me links if you wish. If you have enabled email from the communities you may be able to activate those options in the email that you received, otherwise you can do it on the live forum. Depending on the options you set for email you may get notified if a post you've made has been responded to or marked by someone else as helpful or a solution.

You may find these links to your own content useful, the first three will highlight threads with new activity:

Authored Discussions

Participated Discussions

Following Discussions

Recently Viewed Discussions

See also Site map of Communities and Categories.

tt2

Nov 27, 2015 8:40 AM in response to MD_Gene

Only you as the original poster ("OP") can mark a response as "Helpful" or Solved." If you started the thread, you should see the options for marking a response with "This helped me" or "This solved my question" at the bottom of the responder's post:

User uploaded file

The person whose reponse you marked will receive points using this system:

Award points, level up, and earn new privileges

If you tag a question onto someone else's thread (never a good idea around here if you want effective help) then you cannot award points for any response.

How can I give feedback on Responses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.