Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp support software not visible in Windows

I could really use some help in getting Bootcamp up and running.

After hours and hours of taking one step forwards and two steps back and something going wrong at every turn, I've finally got Windows installed. But the Bootcamp support software didn't launch automatically as it is supposed to, and I can't get to it in Windows.

I have no DVD drive on this MacBook, and I have no drivers for anything in Windows - so I can't download the files as I have no wifi drivers, and Windows doesn't see any USB devices I plug in. I've tried moving the files from the Mac partition to the Windows partition (I can see the Windows side from OS X, but I can't see OS X from Windows) but I can't move files between them directly, and a FAT formatted USB stick isn't working as a go-between either and still won't let me write files to the Windows partition.

I phoned Apple Support, and the very friendly guy there advised me to start from scratch with a blank USB stick formatted to FAT 32 or Ex-FAT plugged in as well as the USB hard drive I used to install Windows. I haven't tried that yet because it took so long to get this far, and WIndows only installed by a fluke - I never fixed the last problem I had, it just went away on its own.

Before I start from scratch, can anyone suggest a way to get the files into Windows? Please help!

MacBook Pro late 2014 Retina 13"
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Seagate USB 3 (I think) 1TB HDD, Verbatim 2GB approx USB stick.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Windows 7 Pro 64

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 3:20 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 3:57 PM in response to bslsthgrt

Please do not start from scratch. Download Paragon NTFS Trial version and install it on OSX side. It will gee you read-write access to Windows. Down BC drivers on the OSX side and copy them to a known folder on the Windows side, switch to Windows, and run the setup.exe from Bootcamp folder.

If you have RealTek issues, please see boot camp installation hangs at realtek audio stepSearch or ask a question .

Bootcamp support software not visible in Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.