Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos cannot be opened because of a problem. Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/iTunesLibrary Referenced from: /Applications/Photos.app/Contents/MacOS/Photos Reason: image not found

Photos has been working perfectly well for a long time - also with IOS El Capitan. Today i cannot open, and the message above appeared. Can anyone help me solving this problem

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:43 AM

8 replies

Nov 29, 2015 6:53 AM in response to jankamp

Is your iPhoto version iPhoto 9.4.3 or iPhoto 9.4.5?

Then iPhoto is crashing because the Google Maps servers are no longer available.

Then look at this discussion:

There is a problem with the Places feature, because the Google maps are no longer supported.

See Huxly647's solution:

Huxly647Nov 20, 2015 12:05 AM
Re: iPhoto crashes after opening repeatedlyin response to carvermonHelpful

I found a fix that works for me..

1. goto /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources

2. delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html

Iphoto no longer crashes, places doesn't work but it doesn't bother me too much.

Let me know if it works for you guys...

Removing the two files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html from iPhoto's application bundle prevents the javascript inside from being executed and causing the crash. To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

Don't try this fix without making a copy of the iPhoto application before you try to remove the two files from the application bundle.

To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

Nov 29, 2015 7:23 AM in response to jankamp

Sorry, I posted in the wrong discussion. 😊

With the error message "Dyld Error", there is a problem, that a dynamic library is missing, that Photos needs.

Did you install any other software that might have modified the system?

Check in the system library - the top most Library folder on your Macintosh HD, if this folder is there:

/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/

If it is not missing, restart the MAc.

If this folder is missing, reinstall the system. That will restore the missing dynamic library.

To reinstall boot into recovery, like described here: OS X: About OS X Recovery

Reinstalling the system will also reinstall Photos. Photos is part of MacOS X and cannot be reinstalled separately.

Nov 29, 2015 7:48 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your kind assistance. I think I made some mistakes earlier today, as I didn't quite understand why I had two different Libraries. The folder you mentioned /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/ is missing, so I will have to reinstall the system. That I will do tomorrow, as I have visitors coming now. I will let you know when finished.

Regards

Jan

Photos cannot be opened because of a problem. Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/Versions/A/iTunesLibrary Referenced from: /Applications/Photos.app/Contents/MacOS/Photos Reason: image not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.