Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought a new MacPro. So far, horrendous. Does the touchpad not have a right click left click feature?

As per title of post

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 1:38 PM

9 replies

Nov 29, 2015 2:18 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks. I will check that out but I was expecting Apple to be more intuitive, user friendly and straight out of the box functional. It seems that two fingers are needed where Android only needs one. Apparently to make the touchpad work like a mouse you need to click the left corner once for a left click and hit control and right corner for a right click? And to make the scroll bar appear you have to activate it rather than it just being there.

Nov 29, 2015 2:24 PM in response to niallfromcapetown

niallfromcapetown wrote:

Thanks. I will check that out but I was expecting Apple to be more intuitive, user friendly and straight out of the box functional. It seems that two fingers are needed where Android only needs one. Apparently to make the touchpad work like a mouse you need to click the left corner once for a left click and hit control and right corner for a right click? And to make the scroll bar appear you have to activate it rather than it just being there.

Why do you keep referring to Android? Android is a mobile device OS, your MacBook Pro is a computer running OSx. If you want to compare Your computer's OS to another OS running on a computer Windows 10 would be a better comparison. But making the comparison is illogical since each runs on different hardware and provides different capabilities.

Nov 29, 2015 2:34 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Okay, sorry, Windows. Trying to adjust to a whole world of new language, terminology etc. Years and years of Windows familiarity - Apple feeling very Alien right now. Lap top looks lovely, came in a lovely box, no issue with the corporate design side, but struggling to make sense of basic little niggly differences that don't seem to make sense. Surely the natural default setting for the touch pad would be a straightforward right click, left click set up. My main struggle is getting Garageband 5.1. I would have thought it was a simple, click, download and play process as the version that came with this lap top won't play version 5.1 files.

Nov 29, 2015 4:01 PM in response to niallfromcapetown

niallfromcapetown wrote:

Apparently to make the touchpad work like a mouse you need to click the left corner once for a left click and hit control and right corner for a right click? And to make the scroll bar appear you have to activate it rather than it just being there.

Apple mice are not the same as Windows mice, so things have always been different than what you are used to. See

OS X El Capitan: Right-click

For scroll bars options, see

OS X El Capitan: General preferences

Just bought a new MacPro. So far, horrendous. Does the touchpad not have a right click left click feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.