Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to set up icloud on iphone 4 that has max number of free accounts activated on it

bought a second hand iphone and the maximum number of free accounts have been activated on it now i cant set up icloud

please help

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 4:18 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2015 2:57 PM in response to imobl

Thank you for trying to help.

I am trying to have mu mother use my old iPhone 4. I reset the phone, then created new Apple ID on the phone, but needed to confirm the new iCloud account with a code. Turned out I mistyped email, so I never got the confirmation code. I set up another account on iCloud website with correct email and confirmed the pin code. I tried to log into iCloud on the phone with the correct mom's new AppleID, but got

"The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPhone."

THere is no option to remove old apple IDs that were previously on this phone. I logged into my iCloud accoun hoping to see that phone as one of the devices, but only my current phone is listed there.

how to set up icloud on iphone 4 that has max number of free accounts activated on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.