Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading support software for windows after windows installlation

I already went through the bootcamp process of downloading windows and its support software. Running windows on mac worked fine until a week later i force quit while in windows and i had to reset my windows to get it working again which trashed all my files. Because of this all of the mac support software is gone. I went back to mac and reinstalled it on my usb expecting it to automatically install once i go back to windows. That wasnt the case. I dont know how to get the support software from mac on windows and because of this my windows experience is hindered. PLZ HELP

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 4:25 AM

If you are on El Capitan, you can download the BC drivers using

User uploaded file

Other versions may also offer the same choice, using option "Download Windows Support Software...".

15 replies

Dec 6, 2015 8:28 PM in response to Loner T

@Loner T,

thank you for the hint, I installed iTunes and could start the Apple Software Update tool. But there is no option to install Bootclamp ?!

On the OS X Side of my MAC-Mini (late 2012) Bootcamp 6.0.0 is installed.

I downloaded Boot Camp-Support-Software 5.1.5769 and try to install this on the windows 10 side. This stopped immediately with a right problem ?!

After this I installed some driver from the subdirectory of the BCSS manually, some works, some not.

Hopefully I do not have to start Windows often 😉

Downloading support software for windows after windows installlation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.