Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 6.0 driver install interrupted

I installed Windows 10 upgrade via Apple Software Update on my MacBook Pro 13' (2015). Then found out I could not open any of the Microsoft Office applications. Running Programs and Features repaired that issue.

Next, I went to Apple Software Update tool to update the BootCamp 6.0 driver. The Bootcamp install was running ok till about mid-way, then the progress bar did not seem to get updated, I've waited for almost an hour and still no progress bar update. I then clicked 'Stop' and status got changed to 'Canceling', and after 20mn, no update on progress bar. I then made a big mistake to kill the Apple Software Update task via Task Manager.

I no longer see the BootCamp icon in the icon tray.

Can someone help me on what to do next? I had Bootcamp 5.1 running fine before trying to update to 6.0.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 13 inch Retina Display

Posted on Dec 7, 2015 8:55 PM

7 replies

Dec 8, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T,

I need your help...

After reading the 'boot camp installation hangs at realtek audio...' link, I opened Task Manager and saw these Background processes:

1) Setup.exe with location = '...\appdata\local\temp\RarSFX0\BootCamp

2) Setup.exe (32 bit) with location = '...\appdata\local\temp\RarSFX1' (not sure why I have this setup exe for 32-bit, I am running 64-bit Windows 10)

3) RealtekSetup.exe (32bit) with location = '...\appdata\local\temp\RarSFX0\BootCamp\Drivers\RealTek

Which process I'd want to kill ?

User uploaded file

Next question is, it seems that everything (that I need on my MAC) is currently working (audio, printer, IE, Chrome, Remote desktop, Outlook, Office apps) on my MAC, except I don't have BootCamp Manager and icon in system tray. I search in Task Manager and Control Panel to check if it is hidden, etc. but it does not seem to exist. Can I get by without having Boot Camp manager installed?

I read somewhere that I can switch to OsX and use BootCamp Assistant to download the Bootcamp 6.0 driver, but I am afraid to not be able to switch back to Windows partition without BootCamp Manager ? I am hanging on to this Windows since last night upgrade to Windows 10, and do not dare to click Restart or anything... Could you clarify what I can and cannot do at this time without Boot Camp Manager ?

Also, I downloaded AppleBcUpdate.exe last night and dbl-clicked it, but I did not get any message that it ran successfully. Taskmanager also shows this as a Background process.

User uploaded file

Thanks,

Chau

Dec 8, 2015 7:19 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you, Loner T!

As soon as I terminated the RealtekSetup.exe process, I saw Bootcamp applet in Control Panel, created a shortcut for it, added it to Startup folder, restarted and BootCamp is now showing in system tray.

I checked the version and it is BootCamp 6.0.

Do I have to start manually RealtekSetup.exe since I terminated that process earlier? What is it for?

Bootcamp 6.0 driver install interrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.