Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CardDav sync issue after upgrading to 10.11.2

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having issue with Contacts app freezing/spinning beach ball when trying to edit cards? It may be a coincidence but I have narrowed it down to the upgrade.

My setup...

- OS X Server 10.10.5 (around 6000 contacts cards)

- MacBook Pro running 10.11.2 (the one with the issue)

- MacBook Pro running 10.11.1 (no problems)

- iPhone 6s Plus 9.2 (all working fine)

What I have tried...

- On the 'affected' Mac [10.11.2] I have install iCloud to test the contacts app and it seems to be working fine, so this negates the issue with my Mac or the system

- On the Mac running 10.11.1 all seem to be working fine with both CardDav and iCloud

- I am running BusyContacts to test the CardDave server and this also works fine

- The contacts app on the iPhone can edit/create/delete contacts fine.

- Have also tried to delete the account on the affected Mac and install the CardDav account again and although I get no errors when adding the account, I don't get any contacts showing up in the app.

Conclusion...

- With the tests it seems that the server is running fine.

- It just seems that it may very well be the upgrade that's causing the issue.

Would be good to see if anyone else is having this problem with the say type of setup.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 10, 2015 1:50 AM

56 replies

Dec 12, 2015 6:39 AM in response to KRIBkia

I'm seeing this too, on multiple Macs, after upgrading to 10.11.2.

While the beachball is visible, the system log is getting spammed with these errors:

12/12/15 09:32:16.540 com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[1444]: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect() failed path:/var/run/mDNSResponder Socket:4 Err:-1 Errno:1 Operation not permitted

12/12/15 09:32:16.000 kernel[0]: Sandbox: com.apple.Addres(1444) deny(1) network-outbound /private/var/run/mDNSResponder

12/12/15 09:32:16.541 com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[1444]: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 1

12/12/15 09:32:17.000 kernel[0]: Sandbox: com.apple.Addres(1444) deny(1) network-outbound /private/var/run/mDNSResponder

12/12/15 09:32:17.565 com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[1444]: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 2

12/12/15 09:32:18.000 kernel[0]: Sandbox: com.apple.Addres(1444) deny(1) network-outbound /private/var/run/mDNSResponder

12/12/15 09:32:18.567 com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[1444]: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 3

12/12/15 09:32:19.000 kernel[0]: Sandbox: com.apple.Addres(1444) deny(1) network-outbound /private/var/run/mDNSResponder

Nothing I've tried so far has helped. I've tried a similar list as you, but I also tried deleting the sandbox containers for all AddressBook related things in ~/Library/Containers. The problem persists.

This seems to impact all CardDav services other than iCloud.

Dec 12, 2015 2:46 PM in response to KRIBkia

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.AddressBook.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

If that doesn't work, boot into the Safe Mode and test.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan.

Dec 14, 2015 1:34 PM in response to KRIBkia

Tried to install the Combo Update 10.11.2, but didn't work either. Experiencing the same issues as described above after installing 10.11.2

Working with Google, LinkedIn and iCloud contacts. When I tick on Google or LinkedIn, or the two together nothing special happens to the soagent.

As soon as I activate iCloud Contacts, soagent blows up CPU use, affecting iMessage, FaceTime and even Keychain.

Deleting .plist didn't help anything

Is there a way to rollback to the 10.11.1 version?

Dec 14, 2015 5:32 PM in response to Dennis_NL_

Hello,

it appears to me, to my utter displeasure, that I'm sitting in the same boat. 😠

A couple of hours after I had installed the "OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 Combo Update" and everything ran smooth, I decided to add/modify entries to/in "Contacts".

While browsing/searching inside Contacts doesn't show any sign of a performance issue, adding and modifying triggers the beach ball every time for a couple of seconds. Extremely annoying. Furthermore it isn't - in my case - limited to CardDAV contacts, even inside the local addressbook the misbehaviour remains.

I dare to say, that the update to 10.11.2 introduced the bug we (all?) are now plagued with and I - forgive me - doubt, that messing around with the plist cures anything.

On the other side, it's the first bug in 10.11.x I've made acquaintance with and I'm luckily able to work with my CardDAV information at my providers http frontend as an emergency solution.

Cheers.

indigital

Jan 13, 2016 2:02 AM in response to LC Vie

The reason for the spinning wheel seems to be a sandbox issue. Check the console when using Contacts. You will see

messages such as

com.apple.AddressBook.InternetAccountsBridge[2471]: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 2

sandboxd[127]: ([2471]) com.apple.Addres(2471) deny network-outbound /private/var/run/mDNSResponder

everytime the spinning wheel starts.

Since there are many retries before giving up the wheel spins quite long every time mDNSResponder is requested.

CardDav sync issue after upgrading to 10.11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.