Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage in iOS 9.2

I have an iPhone 5s 16 GB model. I recently updated to iOS 9.2. Upon updating I had some storage issues so I deleted some apps and removed music. Then for some time I had ample space of around 1.6 GB. After 2-3 hours my phone again prompted me that the storage is almost full, so I checked the space and was surprised to find out that the phone was using 11.7 GB(max) and had 0 bytes remaining. I then manually counted the storage and I found out that the actual storage that was being used was only 6392.3 MB. While using iOS 9.1 I did not have any storage issues and had plenty of space remaining with all the apps and music. This is very frustrating. Please help me!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2015 9:07 AM

30 replies

Dec 17, 2015 10:48 PM in response to Daksh48

II've been resetting as well. The upcoming reset would be the fifth. I don't get it. Yesterday I reset, it has 4.9Gb left, work all day, go to sleep: this morning 0 bytes left. Seriously? Where's the real solution?

Apple Music: I don't have that.

iTunes Match: I turned off.

Music: I put less than 1 Gb on.

Apps: the biggest is Whatsapp.

iCloud Photos: that's on "optimize".

I really don't get it.

Dec 21, 2015 9:18 AM in response to swvanderlaan

I had the very same issue...

From what I read, 'other' contains stuff like logs and preferences (related to apps and the OS). If the 'other' component fills up like this, it usually means that a file/few files are corrupted. Which is why it makes sense when a total reset fixes the issue.

Why don't you try downgrading back to 9.1 if resetting doesn't help?

Dec 31, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Daksh48

I have exactly the same issue.

Iphone5s, ios9.2, storage full.
I don't have Apple Music
I've already uninstalled a lot of apps, but I can't have free space. A couple of hours after delete photos, uninstall apps, the storage is full again.

By the other hand I wouldn't like to reset/reinstall my phone.

Apple should be able to fix it.

iPhone storage in iOS 9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.