Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Ipad Pro" email format issue, some inboxe emails have 8 letters per line!!

Hi All,

Only on "iPad Pro", some emails I receive, have strange 8 letters per line format like this:

Apple Su

pport Co

mmunitie

s

etc...

But if I choose to answer that email, it has become normal format.

Do anybody else sees same issue?

Thanks

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 18, 2015 2:44 AM

22 replies

Dec 19, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Alexandre3110

Hello there, Alexandre3110.

It sounds like some of your emails are displaying in an odd format but when you view and return to the email list they display appropriately again. The first step I would recommend is closing the application as indicated in this article:

Force an app to close in iOS

If an app is unresponsive and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch still reacts to button presses, you can force the app to close:

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

User uploaded file

Then feel free to reference the steps mentioned in this article:

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

First steps

Follow these steps first:

1. To make sure that you're connected to the Internet, open Safari and go to www.apple.com.
  2. Log in to your email provider's website and make sure that the account is active and that you're using the right password.
  3. Check your email settings.
  4. Restart your iOS device.
  5. Remove the affected email account from your device with these steps:
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
    2. Tap the email account.
    3. Tap Delete Account.
    4. Add your account again.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Jan 22, 2016 4:21 PM in response to Alexandre3110

Hi,

I too have this issue. I raised it originally with Apple on December 17th, but did not get a resolution at that time.

I currently have a new on going case id with Apple in relation to the email formatting.

I will detail what I have noticed:

• Plain text emails are not affected, it only seems to be html formatted emails.
  • It is most obvious in landscape mode, but does occur rarely in portrait.
  • If you get the issue, it can be temporarily resolved quite easily by initiating the split screen functionality, and dragging something like notes, or calendar into half of the screen, this makes the formatting on the affected email reset, BUT, it changes back when you move split screen back to right.
  • This is not dependant on mail provider, as I get this in Exchange as well as iCloud email, on differing emails, (not the same email message).
  • I went in to an Apple store, and used a display model to test my email on the display models, and the same issue happened on those, so it isn't hardware specific.
  • I have setup my email on an iPad Air2 and there are no issues with display in landscape or portrait on that model.

I have sent screenshots of iPad Air and iPad Pro versions of the same emails, a copy of affected emails and videos of the email formatting changes when moved between portrait and landscape to Apple, who have passed on to their Engineers for investigation.

I am expecting a call back next week, so will update all when I find out anything.

"Ipad Pro" email format issue, some inboxe emails have 8 letters per line!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.