Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CBS All Access - won't connect to iTunes Store

OK- trying to do the free trial but everytime I try to enter the password provided it just says "can't connect to iTunes Store".

interestingly, everything shows active on the account... I even got an email from  with a confirmation? if you look at the CBS All Access settings - it shows I'm signed in? I can access the store and rent movies, watch Netflix and Hulu so I know I have a good connection.

i tried restarting the  tv - did it twice with no luck...

Any help would be appreciated! Happy Holidays!

Posted on Dec 23, 2015 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2015 8:22 AM

TTrying again today - still the same... Anyone?

17 replies

Dec 26, 2015 11:29 AM in response to Lpcustom43

I'll add a data point: I signed up for CBS All Access on the Apple TV. I now have tried to use it with the CBS app on iPad, and find it has a variation of the same problem, and my All Access subscription is not acknowledged despite logging into my CBS account.

I am laying this one on CBS - I think a server died over the holidays and no one is there to fix it, which fits CBS.

Dec 26, 2015 8:05 PM in response to Lpcustom43

So I was having this problem too. I think it has to do with the subscriptions through Apple TV/iTunes.

How I got mine working?: Cancel the auto-renewal through Apple TV. Set up a subscription through CBS (on their website). Meaning set up the billing address and credit card number on CBS.com and don't use the subscriptions method through Apple for the time being. I believe they are trying to fix that, but it's been messing a lot of other stuff up too. Try pairing again with Apple TV through the CBS website paring.

Worked for me and I was having the "Can't connect to iTunes Store" message on my Apple TV.

Dec 28, 2015 1:14 PM in response to Lpcustom43

I contacted CBS today and they informed that there is a known problem for people who subscribe through iTunes and their engineering team is working on it. They did not offer any kind of timeline on when this would be corrected. The most frustrating part of this is we are going to be billed for this even though we cannot access it. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Dec 29, 2015 7:48 PM in response to Lpcustom43

Yesterday, I replaced my Apple tv 3 with a new Apple tv 4. Everything works great except for the CBS All Access app. The app displays beautifully. The problem is when I select any of the show icons it prompts me to either sign in or restore. Both of those choices end up with the message stating that there is a problem and it can't connect to the iTunes store. I just spent an hour on the phone with Apple support, which had me try a series of things, including rebooting the Apple tv, unplugging and then replugging the power cord, uninstalling the CBS app and then reinstalling it, checking everything in my account info etc. The result was the same as when I started. Finally, I asked to speak to a "senior" support person. After being on hold for fifteen minutes, the only answer that I got was that it was most likely a CBS problem and it was up to their engineers to fix it and that I should contact CBS. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in this answer. My guess is that when it's worth while for either Apple or CBS the problem will eventually be fixed.

CBS All Access - won't connect to iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.