Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats studio wireless keeps disconnecting

I got the beats studio wireless 2.0 for Christmas and so once I listen to music on my iPhone 6 with Bluetooth on and when I want to change a song, it sudden diconnects every time. It also just doesn't happen on the music app, even when I watch videos like on YouTub. So I want to know if there is anyway to fix this issue so I don't keep turning the headphones on and off. Plus I have run iOS 9.2

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 25, 2015 5:26 PM

72 replies

Dec 27, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Mauryh55

Im having the exact same issue. Every time I switch songs the Bluetooth disconnects. I tried all the trouble shooting suggestions and still having same problem.

I Took it to Apple Store today and they gave me a brand new replacement but, still having the problem. I even tried setting iTunes as new phone and not using my latest backup and still same problem. I'm starting to think it's an issue with 9.2

PLease someone help us. This is very annoying. It seems like the Apple reps are clueless as I am.

Jan 11, 2016 2:54 AM in response to Mauryh55

Both me and my partner are having the same issue with our beat studio wireless, we both have have a set and I have got the iPhone 6s Plus and my partner has a iPhone 6 both are on IOS 9.2 and they both do exactly the same thing, they disconnect and very intermittently can be a couple of songs or 3 or 4 and it will disconnect and start playing through the phone and the bluetooth shows disconnected and the beats are still switched on showing as active, however if I try selecting the beats to reconnect on the phone it fails, the only way to get it to reconnect is to turn off the beats and then back on again and it works ok again for another couple of songs, seems to do it more with just Apple music, if nothing is playing and the headset is connected they will remain connected no problems, just appears to be when playing the music and skipping through songs followed by a short pause and then disconnection and then the music continues playing through the phone itself.

both beats are on the latest firmware 1.1.12 so nothing to update here and the iPhones are up to date too!

been looking around and there seems to be more and more threads popping up on various forums all with the exact same issue, some have said updating their beats to the latest firmware has fixed it for them however ours are already on the latest so I'm a little confused there.

fact remains this needs sorting out, we have all paid a fair amount of cash for these devices and now for them to be both Apple products and obviously not tested is quite poor as it seems to have been an issue since the 9.2 update and Apple Music update. I really hope they sort this soon, kind of pointless having beats wireless when they can't be used via wireless connectivity.

I have schedualed a support call from Apple for this afternoon, so I will provide them as much detail as possible and see what they say and try to find out how many other reports they have had for this issue and report back on here!

speak soon,

Jason.

Jan 13, 2016 2:24 AM in response to Jasongalliuk

I have been speaking to a senior Apple technician he is looking in to it, he said there hasnt been many reports for this matter, they are going to run some tests and get back to me, I provided them the links to these forums so they can see I am not the only one. He has since got back to me and asked for the serial number of both mine and my partners beats as they think the reason some people report doing and update fixes the issue and the other who are already on the latest have a different manufacturing dates and suspects they have different bluetooth chips in.

so I guess we will have to wait and see what they come back with

Jan 13, 2016 11:15 AM in response to Jasongalliuk

Had another call from the technician today to say that the latest update should be 2.1.8 not 1.1.12 and find it weird how the beats updater is reading it is up to date and not been offered 2.1.8 they said they will investigate because it would appear some headsets are not been offered the latest update.

sonit would seem there might be a problem with the updater somewhere, but I have also tried the updater on 3 different pc's now, hmmm wonder if Windows 10 has something to do with it, because all 3 pc's I tried it on all have that in common.

anybody else that is having this issue do you happen to have Windows 10 that you have tried updating your beats on, just interesting to know.

cheers

Jan 13, 2016 12:15 PM in response to PT-1005

Hi There,

hmm very odd indeed, I was rather hoping it was somthing as simple as that, just cant get my head round why ours is showing as 1.1.12 as being up to date and the latest is in fact 2.1.8, spoke to the technician at Apple again since and he said its maybe because our are an older build but I have only just purchased mine last week and my partners just over two weeks ago from different stores so I cant see it being that issue, he did say that they will investigate it further though so hopefully they will find something, when did you purchase yours? And are you in the uk? If you don't mind my asking, just wondering if it is the update proxy servers are the same and that's why ours isn't updating maybe and US connect to different update server to pull their updates from.

really want to get to the bottom of this now.

Jan 17, 2016 2:29 PM in response to Jasongalliuk

Exactly the same issue here as my studio wireless upgrades only to 1.1.12. Headphones bought in Germany around 1,5 years ago. I found that it is getting disconnected anytime when changing tracks and (from time to time) when increasing volume in Apple Music, YT app, Safari. However, I’m also using Synology DS Audio to listen my music and surprisingly - all works fine with this app. I was using DS Audio for 3 hours continuously changing tracks, volume both using iphone and headphones buttons with no disconnection at all. That’s why i believe it is more ios 9.2 issue rather than headphones firmware. Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to resolve this very annoying issue.

Jan 17, 2016 2:47 PM in response to kris_kristoferson

Hi Kris,

Thanks for adding your problem to the thread, I have got Apple monitoring this thread to show the number of people who are experiencing the same problem to help get to the bottom of it, so the more the better! I have been doing a lot of research on this and what I have found is it is a mix of the two, more of a compatibility issue with having 1.1.12 beats firmware and 9.2 IOS if you have any earlier than IOS 9.2 it doesn't appear to be an issue however if you have 9.2 and manage to update beats to 2.1.8 then there is a fix to sort this issue out. But something else I have found is it appears to be (well so far) the beats studio wireless gloss black headsets. I went in to a Apple Store and looked at the boxes and I noticed the gloss black ones have in fact got the address on the underside for beats studio offices and has had a sticker placed over it with apples address where as the mattblack has Apples address already pretty printed with no sticker, so from what I can make out the ones with the stickers on are manufactured by beats before Apple took them over and the ones without have been manufactured by Apple themselves and so must have a slightly different chipset or something inside which isn't allowing them to update, reason I say this is because I have also done some tests and checked out the SSL logs requests for the updater and I can see they connect up to the update server and then checks the device serial number which then is checked and matched before being offered an update and it does in fact see the 2.1.8 update but then skips and then checks back as being up to date, I have posted my finding to Apple and they are looking in to it, they said they will get to the bottom of it and hopefully get it resolved for us.

Just driving me insane now because I just want them to work as they should.

as soon as I hear anything from them I will post back here!

cheers all

Beats studio wireless keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.