Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to tell if a Photo is in an album or library

I am trying to organize my photos using Photo. I know how to create an album and currently just drag the pictures from the All Photos Album/Folder to the Album I want it in. I am trying to see if there is a way when I am looking at the All Photos Album/Folder to tell if it is in another album or folder that I created.

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 5:01 PM

25 replies

Dec 17, 2017 9:40 PM in response to LarryHN

This does not always work. I have 30K images half of which are in albums. When I create a smart album with 'album is not any' it does not show the 15 K images not in albums, it does however show about 200 images not in albums. I have no clue why. Is there some code that Photos attaches to the image to tell what album it's in?

I posted the issue all over the place and no one has an answer. Only 'album is not any' but that doesn't work.

Dec 17, 2017 10:22 PM in response to fredfromorange

Actually you do and if you want help you have to post questions including context - both or your posts show an extremely disagreeable attitude

Doesn't work

and

You really have an attitude problem.

are worthless posts, incorrect and give no information with which one could help - once again is you want help then start a new thread, be polite and provide details per the article I provided the link to

LN

Dec 31, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Paul Mannon

There's an easy way to identify in the All Photos window any photo that is currently in an album:

1 - to into each album, select all of the photos and use the Image ➙ Add to Favorites menu option:

User uploaded file

This will put a small white heart in the upper left hand corner of the photos wherever they are shown:

User uploaded file

In the All Photos window you'll see the same white heart on any photos that is in an album and you identified as such:

User uploaded file

Of course if you use the Favorites feature for other reasons this reply will self delete in 10, 9, 8, ...... seconds.

User uploaded file

Dec 31, 2015 1:25 PM in response to Paul Mannon

Read the answer - it is clear - you simply did not read it - nothing about Photo is or is not anything - only Album is not any

But you can make a smart album (file menu ==> new smart album) for album is not any to make a list of al photos not in any album - as you add them to an album they will disappear form the smart album

LN

How to tell if a Photo is in an album or library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.