Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 02001

I have just recently got apple TV 4 and followed the steps to set it all up and had no problem for 2 days, then went to watch a programme on bbc iplayer and it came up with error 02001 I have done all the normal things like unplug it, restart it and in frustration I reset the box to factory settings and then started from scratch again, each time it allows me to watch a single programme and then for the next one it gives me error 02001.

What is this error and how do i solve it?

Apple TV, tvOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 31, 2015 9:32 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2016 7:42 AM in response to mark.russ

Hello Mark,
I understand that you are experiencing issues with the BBC iPlayer App on your Apple TV. Let's look over some the general troubleshooting to see if we can get it working for you.
The first place to start is check to make sure that you are connected to the internet either ethernet or Wi-Fi. Another option would be to force quit an app on your Apple TV. You can do that by double pressing the home button and then swipe up on the iPlayer app. You can also sign out and sign back in to the App to see if it will start streaming content. If that doesn't work, then you might want to contact the developer to see if they are experiencing any issues on their end. Take a look at the article below for a more detailed look at this.
Get help with third-party apps on your Apple TV
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200072

Take care

error 02001

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.