Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to restart Back to my Mac with my Apple ID

The back to my mac function suddenly turned of itself and can't be start again for days on both my Macbook Pro 2011(Mavericks 10.9.5) and Air 2015(Yosemite 10.10.5). I attracted some screenshots below, please have a look.

It worked perfectly fine and I didn't changed any setting at all. The only thing i have done, don't know whether it is related or not, is updated Safari to v9.0.2 on Mavericks and maybe some security update, it is not shown in the updated list in app store.

I tried to tick/start the function back in Setting>iCloud, but prompt to uptick again. Tried log out, restart, create new user, re-install OS X, reboot router, use different wifi networks and call the iCloud support. All didn't work.

However, Back to my Mac works with other Apple IDs on both Macs, just not working with original ID; it is a @me.com ID linked with a yahoo email and haven't upgrade to use iCloud drive yet, my other Apple IDs as well. I also tried to log in with the linked yahoo email, it does not work too.

Anyone experienced this give some advices? I can't remote my mac distally now...

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jan 11, 2016 5:31 AM

6 replies

Jan 12, 2016 3:02 PM in response to Eric Root

I got your point, really =] But the problem i am having is, on the same Mac, one ID doesn't work but another ID works. Also, I have asked my friend to login to iCloud from Hong Kong today (I am in UK) with my @me ID, attempted to start Back to my Mac but fail to start with the same error message. So, I don't think it is related to router and network problem... hope it makes sense.

Btw, do you know that, does genius at apple store help solving iCloud problems??

Jan 12, 2016 7:32 PM in response to arv0320

If it's still occurring for you then contact AppleCare using the Contact Us link below. Going to an Apple Store won't accomplish anything more than you will be able to by contacting AppleCare on the phone.

The fact that your friend in HK cannot start BTMM with your Apple ID indicates a problem that is not isolated to your Mac, your router, or your network. It's completely beyond your ability to fix. Tell Apple.

Fail to restart Back to my Mac with my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.