Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.2.1 breaks Ford Sync 3

I have a new Ford with the Sync 3 system paired to my iPhone 6s. Bluetooth Phone Calls and Bluetooth Audio worked great until I updated to 9.2.1 yesterday. (Upgraded due to issue with companies MDM) Now when I try to make a phone call, the phone audio is choppy. If I switch the phone back to "phone" and not bluetooth, the audio is fine. Bluetooth music seems unaffected.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 11:29 AM

Delete the pairing from both the head unit and the phone and re-boot both, then re-pair them.

It's entirely possible that you may need an update to the head unit.

39 replies

Jan 20, 2016 12:10 PM in response to blipszyc

Wrong. If they would have stuck to the guidelines, a minor iOS update wouldn't cause a problem, and if it were an Apple problem, it would be broken on more than just Ford's Sync systems. I've heard of no-one else with this kind of problem and have no problem on multiple vehicles with multiple phones running 9.2.1. Of course, none of them are Ford vehicles...

iOS 9.2.1 breaks Ford Sync 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.