Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.2.1 - Tool menu keys changed to letters.

After updating to Logic Pro X 10.2.1, the Tool Menu shortcuts changed to letters, instead of numbers, how do I change it back? It really messes up several years og habits and workflow 🙂

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 11:39 AM

26 replies

Jan 23, 2016 10:27 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi The Art of Sound!

Tried it,doesnt work for me.

It changed in key commands to numbers t,but my habit was to hit ESC button (which would open toolbox menu) and then hit the number for the tool i want to pick,which would select the right tool. Now it doesnt work that way (doesnt select the tool after hitting ESC I mean),but if I hit just button number instead ,without hitting ESC first (which was assigned to switching between screen sets earlier), it selects it.

Its all about the habit ,so how do i change it to work like it was - in conjunction with ESC button?

Thank you

Jan 23, 2016 10:36 AM in response to ruskyrusk

Did you not have a Logic Pro 9 option under the Key Commands presets menu? That preset uses the older ESC method still...

If not then you will need to set things up yourself using the Key Command editor... Logic Pro X > Key Commands > Edit

Type tool into the editor's search bar and reassign keys to what you wish to do... Be careful you don't cause conflicts however with other assigned commands in the process...

User uploaded file

Personally re-learning to use the T command and then the letter.. is a lot less work, but each to their own... 🙂

Jan 23, 2016 10:46 AM in response to ruskyrusk

Select Show Tool Menu item on left hand side..

Clkick Learn by Key Postion on right hand side.

Press Escape key

That should now bring up the key menu.... when you close the key command window and press the escape key

Once you assign numbers to each of the tools.. using the same method.. pressing the number will now work too..

Just tested this and works fine here..

Jan 23, 2016 11:10 AM in response to ruskyrusk

Ok.. after further work on my testbed 10.10.5 system here..

I can confirm they have now apparently hardwired the Letters to the Tools... so you cannot change them

You can get the ESC to work but not reassign numbers to the tool commands themselves...

No idea why.....Maybe a report via the feedback form would be a good idea...

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

So at the moment, you can either try rolling back to 10.2 using your backups or...get used to the new system...

Cant think of any other fix given the apparent hard wiring...

Note: I tested out the older LP9 key command file and the same behavior is now noted after updating to 10.2.1 so that doesn't help either.

Logic Pro X 10.2.1 - Tool menu keys changed to letters.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.