Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Punch on the fly don't work since 10.2.1

Since Logic 10.2.1. (El Cap 10.11.3) good old punch on the fly recoding (Overlap - replace) don´t work anymore. Punching into an existing part is cutting this one behind the punch out point! Though the audio is not lost and it is possible to stretch the cuted part by hand , but this not really a acceptable workflow! Does anybody have the same problem?😕

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 1:01 PM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2016 12:41 AM in response to studiojpl

Hi

studiojpl wrote:

I have found a way to get it work again! If I put on the menu Record > Overlapping MIDI recordings > No cycle to MERGE, and Record > Overlapping AUDIO recordings > No cycle to REPLACE it works like it used to.

It seems the MIDI record preferences have an effect on the Audio set up. Strange, but it works for me.

This does NOT work here???

CCT

Feb 6, 2016 5:37 AM in response to studiojpl

Nope,

Your suggestion did not work in my daw.

Please make sure that yours is really working properly, not deleting files after punch. And If it is really working, could you please check again all of your relevant settings in your system and and post them here ?? Maybe even, Could you post a video of your system while you're recording, punching in and out and inmediately show all your settings and preferences, if it is not too much trouble !

That would help a LOT of people everywhere, Please ?

J

Feb 6, 2016 1:28 PM in response to CCTM

I really thought I’ve found a working solution but it is inconsistent. I had several regions on a track and it worked fine on the first couple of regions at the beginning of the track, then it didn’t work after, say bar 20. It never worked in the last region of the track.

I rebooted and then it didn’t work at all, not even in the first region.

It is repeatable on my iMac and my MBP

I read somewhere that the Replace menu supersedes the Record menu options, but from my tests I think it adds, so as the Overlap and no overlap options.

I think there are too many options at different places for when you’re in a hurry in the middle of a recording session.

Sorry again for my first post.

Punch on the fly don't work since 10.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.