Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I buy the apple pencil charging adapter

Where can I buy the female to female lightning adapter that comes with the Apple pencil? I'd also like to get a spare end cap.

any thoughts? Surprised I can't find any info about this anywhere, not even someone else asking the same question.

thanks!!!!

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 8:13 PM

22 replies

Feb 14, 2017 6:54 AM in response to biergott

Just went through all the hoops to get an official Apple replacement part. AppleCare can not order you one so don't waste your time calling them, the part is just not in there system as it does not have a serial number. They will be super nice about it, but ultimately will just relay you to an Apple retail store and tell you to ask for a store manager and do what I'm about to tell you. Now this is where it gets a little wonky. The Apple Store also does not "sell" them. But they have them in stock, usually, from various returns, exchanges and displays. They will just give you one if you bring in your pencil and explain you lost yours from this stash in the back. I got a free one this way on February 4th at the Maine Mall Apple Store to add to my work bag and leave my other one at home. Hope this helps other folks lock in one as needed!

Jun 8, 2017 9:17 AM in response to TerreSpencer

I noticed that a lot of people are replying to what you had to say about replacing the lightning adapter. I just finished speaking with the apple support team and it took a few minutes. But he spoke with the store itself and he came back with the solution. If you get someone on the phone that doesn't know the answer to this question. Have them call the store and they will guide them on where to go. As stated above you will need the serial number on the box your pencil came in for them to look it up. Once they enter a serial number the list of repairs will come up for them to choose. Be patient with the tech. Most of them get phone calls about iPhone so they don't really deal with the accessories that much on a day to day. It does cost 4.95 for the part and 6.95 shipping with tax added as well. It cost me around 13.00 to replace the charging adapter, but it's worth it to be able to charge both at the same time.

Good luck,

Eric

Aug 22, 2017 7:42 AM in response to biergott

Well, I just got off of Apple support in order to pursue the purchase of the elusive pencil charging adapter. They were willing to sell it to me for $12.95 + shipping. Yikes!

Buy one from a third party ($9 on Amazon), or just charge the pencil in your iPad when your not using it. That's my plan. I'm not going to pay for a pencil adapter because I know I'll lose it again. I've already lost 1 pencil and 1 adapter, so my track record isn't good.

Feb 10, 2016 1:37 AM in response to biergott

Agree completely! I take my iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard with me everywhere and use them nearly every waking hour. I often need to charge the iPad and Pencil at the same time, so it is convenient to keep adopters and chargers both at work and at home.

Also, I can see how easy it would be to lose one of the little devils, so having a couple of extra female-to-female lightning adapters and end caps is what i am seeking.

I hope that Apple addresses the needs of its most serious users. 🙂

Thanks,

Terre

Mar 5, 2016 6:19 AM in response to Weber Baker

Hello everybody! Besides the fact that if you plug the pencil in the ipad it will charge pretty fast (I'm trying now, I would say 2%/minnute or faster), you can buy it from the website: http://www.apple.com/shop/accessories/all-accessories/power-cables?page=2

I called the number provided by TerreSpencer (thank you!) and they said they couldn't send one to me, that I could buy it at the Apple Store and that online you have to go to the home page, then scroll down and go to shopping (or something like that) then accessories, power and adapters and you will find it there. (But it is expensive if it is the one that I think it is, it is about 20$; I mean, not expensive but more expensive than what reported above). But it wasn't the little tiny guy but another kind that would work. I think. I will try. 8And there are many pages to scroll, I stopped at page #2

I plug my pencil in at around 7:48 am with 50% charge and now it is 8:13 am and it is 100% charged; the ipad went from 100% to 98% (I was also using it, I think 50% charge for pencil would get 1% from the ipad If not in use). At least this is free...

I hope this was helpful!

thank you and good luck

nicky

May 8, 2016 9:10 AM in response to Paperet

Hi,

Did you actually see the Pencil charging adapter or just assumed that Apple sold it on their website under accessories? You included a link to accessories but I can tell you definitively that there is NO Pencil adapter for sale on the Apple website.

It's frustrating enough when you can't find what you're looking for and it's not helpful to just make an assumption and post it as if it were true.

As of Sunday 5/8/16 Apple does NOT sell charging accessories for the Pencil on their website. They don't even have them in the stores. It appears that the only way to get replacement parts is to call Apple Care. Not too convenient..

Jul 6, 2016 6:28 AM in response to Jeffsuccess

I called apple care to see if I could purchase the adapter for 4.95 as mentioned in these responses and the apple care rep 1. wasn't familiar with the apple pencil itself and then informed me that I would have to purchase a whole new pencil since it is a part of the pencil. This is extremely frustrating, I will try again with the hopes that I will get a knowledgeable individual but apple needs to do better.

Jul 14, 2016 1:35 PM in response to pabaravich

Unfortunately, this is the item I already have. I need the small adaptor that comes with the pencil. The pencil has a 'male' lightening connector. This allows it to be plugged into the lightening port on the ipad. The adaptor I seek is a gender changing connector it comes with the pencil.

I had to use the one that came with the pencil in the device you have linked in Amazon. It uses a standard lightening cable (also male) and the gender changing plug\adaptor from the pencil. I was a spare one of those.

Where can I buy the apple pencil charging adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.