Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tilting mechanism on iMac screen has broken

Hi,

The tilting mechanism on my late 2012 iMac has broken. Any suggestions on how it might be fixed (other than the Apple store)?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:35 AM

Add me to the Droopy Screen club too I'm afraid! iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) - Just came back to the office and my mac was hanging its head (in shame?) Will get on to them in the morning, in the meantime, wine cork temp fix for me! Has anyone got apple to admit the problem and sort it out?

4 replies

Jan 30, 2016 12:25 PM in response to alice_srq

Uh oh...

Many other posts speak about this, for ex :

Design fault? 27" 2013 iMac stand just gave up!

The main problem is that the iMac hinge is at the back, meaning that you need to empty ALL of the iMac's content before being able to access it. iFixit.com, the reference when it comes to tutorials for repairing Macs, doesn't even have* an article to repair the hinge, because it's such a hassle. Some shops might accept to repair it, but it will cost a big amount, because it's the longest repair to be done on an iMac...

* (unless they've added one recently and i'm unaware; correct me if it's wrong)

tilting mechanism on iMac screen has broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.