Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing error 5507

I keep receiving this error when I try to home share "Home Sharing could not be activated because an error occurred (5507)." I have tried deauthorizing my computer and reauthorizing it and tried turning off my firewall, but still the same error. I have home shared before and not sure why it is giving me this error now.

iPod classic

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 11:39 AM

35 replies

Jan 7, 2017 10:04 AM in response to joolies

I had i.e. HAD the same problem. It was pure luck that what I did turned out to be another step, not quite the 'message on my mobile/iPhone' rather something else. When I attempted to login using my MacBook Mountain Lion, I would receive the 5507 error. Then when I went to my iPad there was a message there indicating someone was trying to login to my Apple Account near Toronto, Ontariol/Canada. I'm 3+ hours away from there via Air Canada. SO, i ticked Don't Allow. When this repeated itself, I reckoned it had to be me that was being attempting the login SO... this time I ticked ALLOW and Bingo up popped the 6 digit code, which I inserted immediately after my pswd. This allowed me to turn on Home Sharing.

Jan 9, 2017 5:52 PM in response to Kinhippy

Adding my thanks and a razzie to Apple too.

A further question: Now I am unable to add a family member. When I go to icloud prefs and try to add a family member, I get a request to enter my password to make changes to the account. When I enter my PW the same window pops up again.

This may be due to the fact that I am running Yosemite?

Mar 5, 2017 2:44 AM in response to Kinhippy

I've tried this numerous times. When I enter the password with the verification code, I then receive a message that states the password is incorrect. It isn't! I can access my other devices using this code. I am unable to set-up Homesharing and Apple TV. I've been at it for about 2 hours, and I am ready to call it quits!!!! I am hating Apple Support right now! ARGGGGG!

Mar 22, 2017 4:45 PM in response to joolies

I was having trouble connecting home sharing with the apple tv for weeks! Completely fed up! Everything was authorized, logged into the same apple ID, and on the same network (Wifi), yet I wasn't able to see my library on the tv. The apple tv was logging in with the apple ID but when I went to turn on home sharing on the computer I would get the error message "home sharing error 5507." So I decided to check my apple account. I opened safari and went to appleid.apple.com and logged into my account. Scroll down to the security section and check if the two-factor authentication is on. If so, turn it off. Once you finish the steps to turn the two-factor authentication off. Try turning home sharing on, with all your devices. You might have to restart your devices. Very important to make sure that all the devices are authorized and on the same Wifi network. Hope this helps!

May 28, 2016 3:22 AM in response to joolies

This has just been annoying me for the last two hours!! Anyway, Here's how I finally got it sorted.

1. Type in your apple i.d and password and hit the 'turn on home sharing button'

2. Box shows up with 5507 error ( as usual)

3. Wait until the 6 digit access code pops up on your iPhone. ( I'm assuming it will pop up on your iPad too???) Mine came through after about ten seconds or so while I was cursing at the monitor!

4.Retype your apple i.d. password with the 6 digit code added to it.

Bingo! Home sharing lives!

Hope it works for you too 🙂

Home Sharing error 5507

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.