Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I search for music on apple music search bar and nothing pops up. Any one else with this problem and anyone know how to fix it?

When I search for music on apple music search bar and nothing pops up. Any one else with this problem and anyone know how to fix it?

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:36 PM

31 replies

Jan 31, 2016 11:23 PM in response to jaygreene43

Yes, same. I feel like I have experienced this before but I just didn't give it any time the previous encounter and it worked the next time I tried using it (probably a day or so later). Anyways, I have tried it on both my cellular data and while connected to wifi. I have also restarted my iphone which hasn't helped. Does anyone know if we would be able to receive some kind of free extension on our music subscription because I certainly am not going to pay for this service when this is an issue. I took a screenshot of the blank music search screen. Mind as well get Spotify again. Thanks Apple 🙂

Feb 1, 2016 3:53 AM in response to Reaper69

I re-subscribed to Apple Music today, but I dont have a PC or Mac to search Apple Music and if I do a ’spotlight search' on my iPhone 5 or IPad Air v1, it only searches 'my music' library and not Apple Music. The search bar in the music app also only searches my music and not Apple Music... I have two questions:

Is this a fault in iOS 9.2.1 or is this searching problem something new and temporary that has occurred in the last day or so?

Is there a workaround I could use to search Apple Music in the meantime?

I am starting to wish I had chosen Spotify or Deezer instead... 😟

Hopefully this problem will get fixed soon, fingers x'd

Feb 1, 2016 5:27 AM in response to Mocciat

Seems it maybe an Apple Server issue. See this link at Macrumors: http://www.macrumors.com/2016/02/01/apple-music-ios-search-issues-feb/

What I do not understand, is why don't Apple post details of the known major problem(s), either on this forum, or some other central site, to let us all know that it is a known fault, or on-going technical issue, that is being fixed, rather than leaving us all with a total lack of information and unsure whether the fault lies with 'us' and our devices, or 'them'.

I have had this music search error now for well over 13 hours, since I signed up for the Apple Music Service this morning and I have seen very little/no information on the subject from Apple. Where is the customer service these days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.