Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering MacBook Pro Apps

Hi all,

I have recently performed a clean install of El Capitan on my Mac Book Pro to clean up the machine and resolve some issues relating to performance - Tricky, but seem to resolve most of the issues.

Now, when I tried to install just the apps I wanted, I did not find all the apps listed under my purchased apps in iTunes. I still have the receipt and was able to find the purchase information in my purchase history in my account info.

I then followed several articles relating to recovering apps that are "hidden" - Unfortunately the option to "manage" hidden apps does not appear as described and illustrated in the help pages?

How do I recover and re-install a specific application back to my Mac Book Pro in this particular scenario?

Please, I need help ...

Thank you in advance.

Perry

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:11 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2016 8:47 AM in response to PASEL

iTunes Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases - http://support.apple.com/HT201322 - tip: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7044546

If the above does not work it is possible these apps are no longer in the Store. You can only re-download items currently still available which is why is is absolutely critical you make backups of anything you value. Did you clean install El Capitan on top of the old one or did you wipe the computer and fail to backup first?

Feb 6, 2016 10:19 AM in response to Limnos

Hi Limnos,

Thank you for your response - I have followed these links prior to posting this help message.

The app is still in the store - My problem is that the "manage" unhide apps option does not appear at all. I am not sure if this is because there aren't any hidden apps or for some reason they are not available to re-install.

The clean El Capitan install was after I had wiped the computer - The reason for not doing a backup is that I had some issues that I believe would have been re-introduced from a back-up. It became apparent that a clean install was the only way, then, re-install the apps that I wanted (this was only a limited amount of those purchased).

Not sure if this throws any more light on the nature of my problem.

Perry

Recovering MacBook Pro Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.